43: Do you trust me?

February 12th - Prompt: Trust

----------------

Peter didn't even think, he grabbed Edmund's hand, pulled him off the floor and ran, his brother struggling along beside him.

He could hear the creature behind him, but didn't let fear stop him. He ran as fast as he could, hoping Edmund could keep up, but even if he couldn't there was no way he was ever letting go of his hand, so his little brother had no choice but to run faster than he even thought he could.

They ran for ages, and Peter could hear Edmund gasping for air, and he himself wasn't fairing much better either, but still he continued, until he had no choice but to stop dead.

Ahead of them was at least a seventy, maybe eighty foot drop, into a large, deep lake from what Peter could see, and he quickly pushed Edmund away from the edge, his heart pounding.

He swung around when he heard the wolf, it was too close, it would kill them if it caught them, and if it wasn't for the creatures injured leg, Peter was sure they would've been dead long before now.

He turned back to the drop, before turning to Edmund, who was struggling to get his breath back. "Ed?" He choked.

Edmund looked at him, frowning a little, looking worried.

"Do you trust me?" Peter said firmly, still gripping his brother's hand tightly in his own.

Edmund was silent for a while, before he realsied what Peter wanted to do. He swallowed hard and nodded his head. "Yeah." He choked. "I trust you."

Making sure his grip was as tight as he could get it, Peter ran the rest of the way, and him and Edmund jumped.

Peter saw Edmund squeeze his eyes shut as they fell, already holding his breath, and Peter quickly did the same before they hit the water, which took way too long, but eventually they were under the water, Peter relieved he'd managed to keep a hold of Edmunds hand.

He swam up to the surface, pulling Edmund with him and gasping for air the second he could, his brother doing the same.

Edmund swallowed hard, flicking his wet hair from his face before sighing and resting his head on Peter's shoulder. "Never again." He choked.

Peter smiled weakly. "I second that." He breathed, before the two started swimming for land.

It took a while, and a lot of their remaining energy, which is why they both collapsed onto their backs the second they were on solid ground.

Edmund gasped for air, trying to get his breath back before untangling his fingers from Peter's, thankful to be able to get some feeling back into them.

"Sorry." Peter murmured, sounding amused as he rolled onto his side to face his brother.

Edmund grimaced as his fingers cramped, but shook his head. "All good." He breathed, eventually relaxing.

Peter lay there for a while before sighing. "Thanks for trusting me." He all but whispered.

Edmund smiled at him, before chuckling a little. "Always."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆