11: It felt like longer

Jan 11th - Prompt: Shopping

----------------------

"Lucy, Edmund, you wanna come shopping with me?!"

Edmund glanced up, frowning. "Just me and Lucy?" He asked, deserting his book. "What about Peter and Susan?"

His Mum walked into the room, laughing. "Susan's busy with homework and we're going out to buy Peter a birthday present." She told him.

"Oooooh!" Edmund whispered, eyes going wide. "Right okay. Yeah I'll come."

"Get your shoes and coat on." His Mum told him. "I'll get Lucy."

Edmund walked into the hallway to grab his coat, Peter walking out the kitchen a second later. "Where you going?" He asked.

Edmund glanced up at him. "Nowhere." He said quickly, unsure of what else to say.

"Well you're going somewhere." Peter said, raising an eyebrow. "Otherwise you wouldn't be putting your coat on."

"I'm cold." Edmund said, shrugging.

They looked up when there was a chuckle from the stairs. "We're out Shopping." Their Mum said. "But I need you to stay here Peter."

Peter stared at her for a while, before turning to Edmund and laughing. "You could've just said." He said with a small shrug.

Edmund playfully stuck out his tongue before Peter headed into the living room, Lucy bounding down the stairs a second later.

"Can you grab me my coat?" She asked Edmund.

Edmund grabbed Lucy's coat and passed it to her, before turning to his Mum. "What are we gonna get him?" He asked.

His Mum smiled at him. "We'll see what's there shall we?" She said. "Now go, out the door"

It took them at least an hour to find Peter the perfect birthday present, and Edmund hid the bag behind his back when they came home, incase Peter was there.

"Go hide it up in my room." Helen told Edmund, giving his back a pat. "I think Peter's in the living room so you're safe." She added with a laugh.

Edmund nodded and dashed up the stairs, finding a good enough place to hide the bag in his parents room.

He headed downstairs after, pulling off his coat and heading into the living room.

"Any luck?" Peter teased, smirking.

Edmund nodded. "I can't wait for you to see what it is." He said happily. "Although shopping is tiring."

Peter raised an eyebrow. "You've only been gone an hour." He laughed.

Edmund shrugged. "It felt like longer." He murmered.

"Well." Peter chuckled. "I'm sure it's a great present."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆