181: You talk too much

June 30th - Prompt: Bleed

----------

"What, you think I've never been kidnapped before?" Edmund almost laughed. "I know how this works. You lock me up, you hurt me, you send a message to my siblings saying you'll let me go in return for a large sum of money."

The man stared down at him, smirking slightly. "Well, you should be used to this then." He said.

Edmund smiled sweetly. "I also know that within a few days I'll be rescued and you won't get your money." He added.

The man's smirk disappeared and he frowned.

"What, did you think my siblings would just leave me when I've been kidnapped?" Edmund chuckled. "Or give you the money? They won't do either, but at the end of this I'm going to be the one with my life... just a warning."

The man only glared at him. "You better stop talking or I might just have to cut that tongue out." He snapped.

Edmund raised an eyebrow. "That's a threat I've had before." He said. "You think you're so original."

The man seemed stunned silent for a while, before he pulled himself together. "I've kidnapped you and certainly intend on hurting you." He said. "Why are you so calm?"

Edmund hesitated, he wasn't as calm as he let on, after all he knew he was gonna get hurt, and no one would ever look forward to that, so he was slightly nervous about what was to come. But it was easy to think positive when this had happened to him so many times. "As I've said, this is old now." He said with a shrug. "I'm only nineteen years old and since I was twelve I've been kidnapped a stupid number of times by greedy men who want money, I know how it works."

"Well it seems I'll just have to get creative with ways to hurt you." The man said with a shrug, pulling out a knife.

Edmund took a deep breath and let his eyes slowly slip shut. "Aslan give me strength." He thought, before opening his eyes again to glare at the man. "You will pay dearly for this." He warned. "Trust me when I tell you my siblings won't let you get away with this, you will be done for treason if you so much as lay a finger on me."

The man laughed. "I will get my money." He said. "Because if I don't, you'll die, and I really don't think your siblings want that to happen."

Edmund shrugged. "They'd be glad for the peace and quite I reckon." He joked. "They always tell me I talk to much when I'm clearly not supposed to be talking."

The man walked over to him and grabbed his face, digging his thumb into his cheek and gripping so tight Edmund flinched, and was quickly taken back to that time with the Witch when she'd done exactly the same thing.

He shook the memory away quickly though, and stared up at the man, not showing a single sign of pain.

"You do talk too much." The man snapped, sounding extremely angry. "So I'm thinking of actually carrying out my threat."

Edmunds heart skipped a beat, but his face showed no emotion. "Huh, most people just knock me over the head so I'm unconscious to shut me up." He said.

"How about I cut out your tongue and then knock you unconscious?" The man threatened.

Edmund shrugged. "Well you said you wanted to get creative." He muttered, his words a little muffled because of the man's hard grip on his face.