19: Eddy

Jan 19th - Prompt: Name

--------------------------

"Have you thought of a name yet?" A three year older Peter asked quietly as he held his sleeping new born brother in his arms, being carefully supported by his Dad that is. 

His Mum smiled. "Not yet." She breathed. "We've narrowed it down to a few but we're still deciding." 

Peter tore his eyes from his new brother to look up at his Mum. "What are the few?" He asked, noticing Susan reach over and extremely gently take hold of her little brother's hand. 

His Mum stared at him for a moment or two before telling him the three names they'd picked out. 

Peter seemed to think for a while, before smiling, "I like Edmund." He said eventually. 

His Mum chuckled. "Your Dad does too." She said with a nod. 

"I mean I like the other two." Peter added. "But I like Edmund best." 

His Mum and Dad exchanged looks, and came to a silent agreement in the next couple of seconds. "Well, we'll just have to call him Edmund then won't we?"

Peter smiled and nodded, a true child like grin on his face before he breathed out and stared at his brother. 

"Ed for short." Susan murmered, not saying much else.

Peter nodded. "Eddy." He whispered, before smiling.

------------------------------------
Short, sweet one for today :)