14: Weakness

Jan 14th - Prompt: Beg

-------------------

Peter's head snapped up when he heard the footsteps, unable to see anything thanks to the blindfold covering his eyes.

He took a deep, shaky breath, testing the ropes that tied him to the tree, but of course there was no escape.

There was silence for a long, long time, before Peter swallowed hard. "Where's my brother?" He snapped, wondering if there was actually someone still there.

"He's right here." Came a voice, followed by a thud and a groan.

Peter pulled against the ropes as hard as he could, but it made no difference, he couldn't move.

"I - I'm okay Peter." Came Edmund's choked but strong voice.

Peter sighed, of course Edmund would say that, no matter what was happening to him.

He blinked suddenly when the blindfold was removed, letting his eyes adjust to the light before glancing at his brother, who was laying on the ground in front of their kidnapper.

"What do you want with us?" Peter snapped, frowning deeply.

Their kidnapper chuckled. "What I want is for you to show your weakness." He chuckled. "A King isn't supposed to be weak, so if you show weakness, it means I win."

Peter smirked. "Neither of us will show weakness in front of you." He scoffed. "We're strong."

"I just want you." Their Kidnapper laughed. "You're the High King, it would be so much worse if you broke."

"Then why do you have Edmund?" Peter snapped. "Let him go."

"No." The kidnapper chuckled. "You see, I need your brother to break you."

Peter's heart skipped a beat. "What do you want from me." He muttered through gritted teeth.

His kidnapper laughed. "I want you to beg." He all but growled, before grabbing Edmund from the ground.

He dragged the young King over to the edge of the river, grabbing his hair and yanking his head back, before turning back to Peter.

"Why?" Peter had to ask, his heart hammering. He couldn't beg! That was the worst sign of weakness for a King, if word got out...

"Satisfaction." The kidnapper laughed, interrupting Peter's thoughts, before he plunged Edmunds head under the water.

Peter's eyes went wide and he pulled hard against the ropes. "Let him up!" He snapped, watching as his brother struggled against the man.

"You know what you have to do."

Peter swallowed hard, tears stinging his eyes as he watched Edmund thrash, trying to free himself so he could get above the water and just breathe.

"I won't let him up until you say it."

Peter choked as he tried to force back tears.

He had been told so many times by countless people that a king doesn't beg.

But this was his brother, he couldn't just let him die.

"He hasn't got much time left."

Peter stared at his brother, watching as his movements got weaker. "Please." He choked, shaking his head.

"That's not enough."

Peter's eyes closed, a tear rolling down his cheek, before he took a deep breath, and glared up at his kidnapper.

He didn't care anymore, Edmund meant everything to him, and he could not let him die.

"I'm begging you." He choked out. "I'm begging you, please let him go!"

"Now, that wasn't so hard was it?" The kidnapper laughed, before pulling Edmund from the water and throwing him harshly to the muddy ground.

Edmund gasped, sucking in air and coughing harshly, eyes squeezed shut as he fought to get his breath back.

The kidnapper left him on the floor and walked over to Peter, bending down in front of him and smirking.

Peter glared at him. "You b-"

"Ah, ah, ah." The man chuckled. "Watch what you say." He stopped talking and pulled out a dagger.

Peter took a deep, shaky breath. "You got what you wanted." He grumbled. "Are you happy now?"

He smirked. "Almost." Was the reply, before he pressed the dagger to Peter's neck.

Peter swallowed hard. "Don't." He muttered. "You'll be done for treason."

The man laughed. "You're going to die, die the weak King you are." He all but whispered.

Peter's eyes suddenly went wide when Edmund appeared behind the man and hit him over the head with a rock, knocking him unconscious.

Peter watched in shock, before taking a deep breath. "Ed." He murmered, voice a whisper.

Edmund sunk to his knees, coughing a few times before grabbing the man's dagger and cutting his brother free.

Peter didn't hesitate in pulling Edmund close, not caring in the slightest how wet his hair was.

"Why - Why'd you do it Pete?" Came Edmunds raspy voice. "You know a King isn't supposed to beg, it makes you look weak. I mean, I know - know you're not weak, but if someone else heard you begging..."

"Ed I couldn't let you die." Peter cut in, shaking his head. "You're my brother."

Edmund sighed, taking a deep, shaky breath before talking. "I don't think anyone will find out." He breathed, burying his face against Peter's neck as he trembled slightly.

"I don't care if they do." Peter said firmly.

"Don't talk like that." Edmund told him.

"No." Peter cut in. "It saved your life, so I don't care."

Edmund slowly pulled away, glancing up at Peter before smiling weakly. "Idiot." He grumbled.

Peter smiled gently. "Always." He replied. "You okay though?"

Edmund nodded, resting his head against Peter's shoulder. "Yeah I'm fine." He breathed. "A bit lightheaded and whatnot but fine."

Peter placed a kiss to Edmunds wet hair, sighing. "Come on." He breathed. "Let's get you home."

Edmund smiled. "Sounds like a very good idea."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆