190: Talent

July 9th - Prompt: Draw

---------

Peter frowned a little as he spotted Edmund hunched over the kitchen table, sounding like he was scribbling on some paper.

Walking over he peered over his little brother's shoulder, clearly taking him by surprise. "Peter!" He cried, snapping his what happened to be sketchbook shut. "I thought you were all outside?!"

But Peter had seen what Edmund had drawn. "Ed - That's amazing." He breathed.

Edmund went a bright shade of red and turned away, not saying anything.

Peter frowned. "Ed, you can draw, why do you wanna hide that?" He asked.

Edmund sighed and shrugged. "I didn't wanna make a big deal of it." He muttered. "Besides, I'm not that good."

Peter laughed. "Yeah, and I'm the King of England." He said, unimpressed. "You're good Edmund, especially seeming as you're only ten."

Edmund shrugged. "I've been drawing ever since you got me those pencils for my eight birthday." He told his brother.

Peter chuckled. "And I certainly didn't think you'd use them to draw stuff as good as that." He teased.

Edmund rolled his eyes. "Did you want something?" He asked, changing the subject.

Peter smiled a little. "Mum and Dad want you to come out for a bit of fresh air." He told him.

Edmund nodded a little. "Can I finish it first?" He asked, nodding at the sketchbook.

Peter smiled and nodded. "Sure." He said. "I'll tell them you'll be out in a minute."

"Peter?"

Peter turned back from where he'd turned to leave. "Yeah?" He asked.

Edmund hesitated. "Can you not tell anyone I draw?" He asked.

Peter was confused yes, but he of course still nodded. "I won't, don't worry." He said gently.

Edmund gave him a grateful smile.

"Although I don't see why you want to hide a talent like that." Peter added.

Edmund raised an eyebrow. "You hide the fact that you can play piano really well." He pointed out.

Peter stared at him, before glaring. "Outside as soon as you've finished that." He said, before leaving the room.

Edmund chuckled quietly to himself, before turning happily back to his drawing.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆