132: Something that would never happen

May 12th - Prompt: Through the door

--------

Susan swallowed hard as she turned towards the door in the air, her heart pounding.

Of course she didn't want to leave, why would she? But she knew she had to, it was Aslan's choice, and she would listen to him, she knew, deep down, that this was the way it was meant to be.

She had to leave it all behind, never come back, never rule over her own kingdom, and whilst this broke her heart into hundreds of tiny pieces, she knew Aslan knew what he was doing.

Taking a deep breath she followed behind Peter, gripping the skirt of her dress between her fingers as he got closer to the door, she knew this was the last time she'd wear anything like this ever again. Sure, she could sow dresses, but they'd never be the same, plus she didn't think she'd ever wear them outside the house.

Each step she took caused her pain, but she kept it all inside, putting on a brave face as she got closer.

She was tempted to close her eyes as she went through the door, but decided to keep them open last minute, wincing when the beautiful, bright light of Narnia turned into the dull light of an underground station in London.

Sighing at the feeling of her stiff school uniform (or it felt stiff after her Narnian dresses) she fell in line beside her siblings, in front of the bench where they had first been swept off into Narnia.

She hardly knew what to do as she stood there, watching the train slowly come to a stop before the doors opened, people quickly climbing on and off.

Glancing around she knew it was over, she would never go back to Narnia, and with a sigh she excepted that, after all, there's was no point in hoping for something that would never, ever happen.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆