30: A bad feeling

January 30th - Prompt: I Promise

------------------

"I don't like this."

Susan frowned, turning to her older brother slowly. "Why?" She asked.

Peter sighed, glancing around the ballroom. "I dunno." He breathed. "I just have a bad feeling." 

Susan stared at him for a while, before sighing too. "You know this is important, we're trying to make peace with them Peter." She told him.

"Is it really that important if every time I so much as look at a Telmarine I get shivers." Peter snapped quietly. 

Susan shook her head. "Everyone seems to be enjoying themselves," She said gently. "I don't see anything wrong." 

"I don't see anything wrong either." Peter muttered. "But I have a horrible feeling and I can't ignore it." 

"Peter-"

"When have I ever felt like this and it's turned out to be nothing?" Peter asked her, voice firm but still quiet... he didn't want to be overheard. 

Susan swallowed hard. "I guess." She breathed, gripping her cup tightly in her hands.

"Where's Lucy?" Peter asked, scanning the room. 

"She's over there with Tumnus." Susan replied, nodding over to the food table, where her little sister and the faun were having a very lively conversation.

Peter nodded a little. "And Ed?" He asked, once again glancing around the room in search of his younger brother. 

Susan shook her head. "I'm sure he's somewhere." She murmured. 

Peter turned to face her. "You mean you don't know where he is?!" He asked, sounding worried. 

Susan rolled her eyes. "No, Peter." She sighed. "You need to calm down." 

"I'll calm down when this feeling goes away." Peter told her. "I'm going to find Edmund." He snapped, before heading off. 

Although after five minutes, he stopped, swallowing hard, he still hadn't found his brother, he wasn't in the ballroom anywhere. 

"Peter?"

Peter turned at Lucy's voice, giving her a questioning look.

"Are you okay?" Lucy asked, frowning up at her older brother. 

Peter took a deep breath. "Yeah, I'm okay Lu." He breathed, forcing a smile. "You haven't seen Ed at all have you?" 

Lucy seemed to think for a moment before shaking her head. "No, now that I come to think of it I haven't." She told him. 

Peter sighed. "Alright, thanks." He breathed, before hurrying back to Susan. "I can't find him Su." He all but choked. 

Susan bit her lip. "You know Ed." She breathed. "He probably snuck off to somewhere quiet."  

Peter took a deep breath, shaking his head. "I don't like this." He whispered. "Come with me." 

Susan sighed but followed Peter from the room, down corridor after corridor until they were suddenly outside. 

Susan was now actually slightly worried. They hadn't found Ed whilst running through the castle and he hadn't been in the ballroom, so she was slowly starting to understand Peter's worry.

"Where the heck is he!?" Peter exclaimed, talking as if Susan would know the answer.

Susan shook her head. "We'll find him." She murmured.