113: What would you do without us?

April 23rd - Prompt: Sisters

-----------

Peter's eyes went wide when he turned to find his brother, who was currently surrounded by at least ten men, all armed with swords and all having one thing on their mind... kill him.

Peter sliced down the enemy he was fighting, and went to run over to help him, only to be tackled to the ground by a man at least twice his size.

He grunted as he hit the ground with a thud, but managed to keep a grip on his sword, and he could still see his brother if he turned his head to the left.

Edmund had managed to kill perhaps four of the soldiers, but Peter could tell he was struggling to hold off the other six, because anyone knows six against one is extremely unfair.

Edmund turned to slice down the fifth one, but as he did two of the others leapt on him, one shoving his sword into any place he could reach, which happened to be his shoulder, and the second slicing his sword across Edmunds chest.

These two injuries made Edmund cry out and collapse, dropping his sword from limp fingers as he collided with the muddy ground.

"Edmund!"

Peter was horrified when he saw the other five laughing at the injured King, and one stepped forward, raising his sword.

Peter's heart stopped.

With strength he never knew he had, he pushed the man off him, ran him through with his sword and made a dash at the soldier who had his sword directly over Edmunds back, seeming as his younger brother was laying on his stomach.

He saw Orious hurrying over too, and between them they managed to kill the five before they could harm Edmund any further.

The centaur turned to Peter. "Stay with your brother." He said. "I will get word to Queen Lucy, and do not worry, this battle is nearly over."

Peter knew this, as the enemy was dropping like flies, but he only nodded and knelt by his brother as Orious galloped away.

"Ed?" He murmured, rolling his brother onto his back.

Edmund groaned in pain, his breathing laboured thanks to the gash to his chest.

It had gone through tunic and chain mail, and had sliced deep, which caused Peter to worry. "You're gonna be okay." He murmured, moving to inspect Edmunds shoulder. "Lucy's gonna be here any minute, just hang on."

The sword had gone the whole way through his shoulder by the looks of it, and Peter had to place his hands to the wound to stop it from bleeding.

Five minutes passed, and it was the longest five minutes of Peter's life, before Lucy and Susan came running across the battlefield, Lucy with her cordial held in her hands.

"Quick Lu." Peter murmured once the two reached them, shuffling backwards to give her room.

Susan knelt by Edmunds head and opened his mouth, allowing Lucy to give him one drop of the cordial.

Both injuries healed, and after a moment or two Edmunds eyes flickered open and he sighed.

Lucy flung herself at him, Edmund sitting up a little to catch her as her arms wrapped around his neck.

He smiled a little and wrapped his arms around his little sister, placing a kiss to the top of her head. "Thank you." He murmured.

Lucy smiled into his shoulder, chuckling a little. "You're welcome." She breathed.

"What would you do without us eh?" Susan teased, joining the hug.

Edmund chuckled weakly. "I reckon I'd be dead for one." He teased.

Peter joined the hug a second later, pulling all three of his siblings close.

"Peter would be too." Lucy added. "Because you're both so reckless."

"Okay, this one wasn't my fault." Edmund told her. "This wasn't me being stupid or reckless."

Lucy giggled. "Okay, I believe you." She breathed.

"It is a good thing we have sisters though." Peter added in a thoughtful way. "Because I will admit we do do some reckless stuff sometimes."

"He admits it!" Susan gasped in mock surprise.

Peter shook his head, laughing. "But Ed's right." He said. "Don't blame him for this one."

Susan and Lucy chuckled, sharing a look. "We won't."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆