108: Stressed

April 18th - Prompt: I believe in you

---------

Edmund groaned quietly as he lay his head on the table, hardly even caring at this point if he'd layed it on his book and was smudging the ink.

His eyes were drooping, but he knew he had to stay awake to do this, his exam was in three days, and he wasn't sure he was ready.

"Edmund Pevensie?"

Edmunds head snapped up, to find his English teacher stood in front of the table.

"What are you doing here at this time?" His teacher asked, frowning. "You were supposed to be in your room an hour ago."

Edmund swallowed hard, before sighing. "I'm sorry." He mumbled. "I'm trying to revise for the exam that's coming up."

His teacher stared at him for a while, before shaking his head. "Well that can wait until tomorrow." He said. "Now off to bed."

Edmund didn't argue and only grabbed his books, walking slowly from the library and up towards his room.

He shared with one other boy, but they'd been taken to the hospital wing with flu the day before, so he had the room to himself for the time being.

So when he got there, he quickly changed into his night clothes, lit a candle, jumped on his bed and once again opened his book.

He read for ages by candlelight, flicking through page after page and jotting down notes in his notepad, until he glanced at the clock.

His eyes went wide as he did, 4am!?

Edmund blinked, this was the fourth night in a row he had stayed up until this time revising for this exam, and if Peter figured out he'd be absolutely furious.

Sighing, Edmund forced himself to put his books away and blow out the candle, laying down and pulling his blanket up to his chin.

But just the thought of failing the upcoming exam was enough to keep him awake for some time after, and it must of been gone 5am by the time he eventually drifted off, which meant he only got two hours of sleep before he had to literally drag himself out of bed and head down to grab breakfast before his first lesson.

He sat there, a bowl of porridge in front of him, but he wasn't eating it. He was just stirring it around his bowl, picking up a spoonful and letting it slide off the spoon again.

"Not hungry?"

Edmund jumped when Peter suddenly announced himself, his older brother sitting beside him at the table. "Don't do that." He grumbled.

Peter frowned. "You're looking tired." He pointed out.

"I - I'm not sleeping a lot." Edmund admitted, shrugging. "I keep thinking about the exam I've got coming up."

Peter sighed. "Ed you're gonna pass, I believe in you." He said gently.

"You don't know I'll pass." Edmund said. "That's why I need to study."

Peter stared at him for a moment or two, before his frown got deeper. "You haven't been staying up late revising have you?" He asked slowly.