36: It's raining

February 5th - Prompt: Boredom

-----------

"I'm bored!"

Peter rolled his eyes, lowering his book and glaring at his six year old brother, who was sat on the floor in the middle of the room, fiddling with a loose strand from the carpet. "Well what do you expect me to do?" He asked.

Edmund looked up at him. "Can't we do something?" He said. "Instead of you just sitting there reading!"

"I thought you liked reading." Peter muttered.

"I do." Edmund told him firmly. "I just don't want to read right now."

"Well, I dunno what you wanna do, it's raining so we can't go out."

"But I'm bored!"

"Boredom won't kill you." Peter told him. "Find yourself something to do, entertain yourself."

Edmund grumbled something under his breath that Peter didn't quite catch before standing and leaving the room, Peter very glad when he could go back to reading his book in peace.

The peace didn't last long though, for after five minutes he heard a loud crash come from the kitchen, causing him to bolt from the room, nearly tripping in his haste to reach the kitchen.

Edmund was stood there by the table, a mixing bowl lay on the floor, luckily not broken but with a small chip on the rim.

"What an earth happened?" Peter asked.

Edmund swallowed hard. "I was gonna make a cake." He said with a shrug.

Peter's eyes went wide. "When I said entertain yourself this isn't what I meant!" He said, heading over to pick up the bowl.

Edmund shrugged again. "I was hungry too." He muttered.

"Then eat something that's already been made." Peter told him. "Don't try and make a whole cake."

Edmund sighed. "Fine." He grumbled.

"Come on." Peter sighed. "Let's go down the park."

Edmund frowned. "But it's raining?" He said slowly, sounding confused.

Peter shrugged, not looking too bothered. "Then put a coat on."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆