81: Don't say anything

March 22nd - Prompt: Snack

-----------

"I don't want to go to bed."

"It's bed time Edmund." Peter said firmly.

"I'm hungry." Edmund replied, sat in his pajamas at the end of the bed.

Peter sighed. "How?" He asked. "You had a perfectly good tea."

Edmund was silent for a moment. "Can't I just have a snack before bed?" He asked.

Peter stared at him, before rolling his eyes. "Wait here." He muttered, quickly leaving the room.

Edmund waited patiently, swinging his legs back and forth before Peter came back.

Peter handed him one of the cookies Susan had helped their Mum make earlier, placing a finger to his lips. "Don't say anything." He told him.

Edmund grinned. "I won't." He promised.

"Now under the covers." Peter said quietly.

Edmund nodded and snuggled under the covers, chewing on the chocolate chip cookie as he did.

"Don't get crumbs everywhere Ed." Peter sighed.

"I'm not." Edmund said firmly, frowning.

"Not yet you're not." Peter breathed, sitting on the edge of his own bed.

Edmund finished his cookie carefully, before snuffling under the covers. "Night Peter." He murmured, sounding extremely tired despite him not wanting to go to bed.

Peter chuckled. "Goodnight." He replied, watching as Edmund switched his lamp off and lay down, very soon falling into a deep sleep.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡