199: That was worse

July 18th - Prompt: It could be worse

-----------

"Here..."

Lucy took a deep, shaky breath as she glanced down, immediately looking back up again when she saw how high up she was, and how easily it would be for her to fall again.

"Hang on Lu." Peter was already saying, removing his sword and belt. "We'll get you up."

He lay down on his stomach, reaching his hand down for Lucy to grab, whilst Edmund rushed forward and stood on the very edge, ready to help pull Lucy up.

"I mean, it could be worse." Lucy said slowly, trying to keep the mood light.

Peter managed a small smile before he grabbed Lucy's hand and pulled her up, Edmund grabbing her waist to help him when he could until Lucy was safe.

Peter pulled her close quickly, taking a deep, shaky breath, but he didn't say anything.

Lucy smiled and hugged him, her grip tight as she did.

Edmund watched with a small smile, glad his sister was safe, but he gasped when the clearly unsteady ground gave way beneath his own feet.

He fell for a moment, before he had the sense to grab onto the edge, leaving him hanging over a drop that was sure to kill him if he let go.

"Edmund!" Lucy screamed, her voice cracking.

Edmund glanced up, seeing all three of his siblings staring down at him, Lucy looked terrified, Susan looked beyond worried, and Peter just looked scared.

Edmund was struggling to hold on, there was tiny rocks digging into his fingers which weren't helping, but if he let go... then it was over.

"Ed, I'm coming down."

Edmund stared up at his brother. "Are you crazy!!" He cried.

"Edmund you can't pull yourself up." Peter called back down, rolling his eyes.

"I'll try it." Edmund replied. "You risk your own life if you come down."

Edmund tried to pull himself up, but the cliff edge was unsteady, and he couldn't get a good grip grip his feet to push himself up.

He saw Peter quickly stand when one of his hands slipped off the edge, and for a moment he panicked, but managed to grab hold of the edge again, but he could feel his fingers slipping. "Okay, a hand might me nice." He breathed. 

Peter began to slowly and very carefully make his way down, struggling a little until he was above Edmund, when he grabbed his wrists and took a deep breath. "When I say so, let go." He said firmly.

Edmund swallowed hard, but nodded. "If you drop me, I'll kill you." He muttered, smirking.

Peter actually chuckled at this. "When have I ever dropped you in a situation like this?" He said, before nodding. "Ready?"

Edmund took a deep breath. "Ready." He breathed.

"1...2...3, let go."

Edmund let go, and he felt Peter's grip tighten around his wrists, before he pulled him up.

Edmund helped as much as he could, until he was sat on solid ground beside his brother.

"Well," He heard Lucy say from above. "That was worse..."

Peter took a deep breath, glancing up at smiling at Lucy before turning to Edmund. "You good?" He asked.

Edmund glanced up at him and nodded. "Yeah." He breathed. "Thanks."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡♡☆
Okay so, the limit for a wattpad book is apparently 200 parts, so after this one shot I'm going to have to start a different book entirely, and hopefully it does as good as this one 😂
But yeah, one shots will be continued in a different book unfortunately ❤