91: At least it was over

April 1st - Prompt: Dream

-------------

Peter gasped loudly as he woke, sitting bolt upright in breath and almost gasping for air, his heart pounding.

He sat there for a moment, before sighing.

It had just been a dream.

Swallowing hard Peter turned his head to face Edmund, who was currently laying in his own bed, fast asleep and buried under blankets.

He was happy to see him asleep, but had to watch him carefully until he saw him breathing to be able to calm himself down.

His dream had, of course, been about Beruna, after all, a week later and it was still as fresh in his mind as if it had happened yesterday.

Running a hand through his hair Peter slowly lay back down, pulling the blanket almost up to his chin and rolling onto his side.

He wanted nothing more than to go over to his brother and crawl under the covers with him, especially after such a vivid nightmare, but he knew Edmund needed rest, and definitely didn't need to be disturbed, and Peter couldn't risk waking him.

So he lay there by himself, eyes wide and staring at the curtains that covered the door to the balcony. He knew he wasn't going back to sleep, but he didn't want to move to see the time, although he guessed it wasn't too early when the sound of birds reached his ears.

He'd give it another half an hour before  getting up, he decided, almost hugging his pillow to him.

He hated the dreams he'd been having since coming to Narnia, and ninety percent of them had been about Edmund. Some had been Maugrum, some Lucy and the river, but with Beruna so recent, and Edmund's face when he came to Aslans camp so fresh in his mind, it was no wonder he was having nightmares.

He hoped they'd fade over time, because each and every one broke his heart.

But he just had to remind himself that they were only dreams, and whilst they hurt him beyond anything, at least they were just dreams, and if he dreamt of something that had actually happened... at least it was over.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡