67: It was nice

March 8th - Prompt: Peacful

----------

Peter sat there, watching his younger brother as he slept, buried beneath more than enough blankets and hand gripping the pillow under his head.

Peter couldn't help but smile a little, after all his brother looked so peacful, so innocent and calm, and it made him so happy.

Edmund hadn't had a peaceful night sleep since probably the professors, or maybe even before. Since being rescued from the witch he'd had a nightmare every single night, whether it was only a small one, or one that left him sobbing and clinging to his older brother like driftwood in a storm.

But this time, it would seem, Edmund had slept through the night without a single bad dream, and as Peter watched the sun rise through the window, he couldn't help the relief that washed over him.

He couldn't find it in himself to move until Edmund stirred around two hours later, and within a few seconds the two brothers found themselves staring at each other, Edmunds tired, brown eyes glancing up into Peter's bright blue ones.

"Morning." Peter murmured kindly, a small smile on his face.

Edmund was silent for a short while, before he frowned deeply. "Morning?" He asked, voice thick from sleep.

Peter chuckled quietly and nodded. "Yes, Morning." He confirmed. "You slept right through."

Edmund blinked at him a few times before smiling weakly. "That's nice." He murmured, his eyes closing and he buried himself completely under the blankets, only the top of his head showing.

Peter watched him for a moment, before taking a deep breath. "You going back to sleep or do you wanna come and get some breakfast?" He asked.

Edmund was silent for a while before he removed the blanket to look at his brother. "Both sound good." He said. "But breakfast sounds better."

Peter smirked. "Of course it does." He breathed. "Especially cause you're all skin and bones."

"Hey!" Edmund gasped in amusement. "I am not."

Peter laughed, deciding to ignore the deeper meaning to his sentence, and just shook his head. "If you say so." He breathed, before patting his brother's shoulder. "Come on then, up you get. Get ready and we'll see if we can find our way down to the dining room."

"We're gonna get lost." Edmund said with a smirk as he sat up.

Peter nodded. "We probably will." He chuckled. "But oh well, we'll find our way around eventually."

Edmund agreed silently, before sighing. "It was nice to have a peacful sleep." He all but whispered.

Peter smiled sadly, nodding. "I'm sure it was."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆