Letting Her Go

Mukuros pov

I woke up on the dining hall floor. I must have fell asleep. It's a wonder I'm still alive. I don't know if I'm lucky or unlucky.

I reached into my pocket and pulled out a picture I've kept with me ever since I joined the army.

It was a picture of me and junko when we were kids.

We were so happy back then. I wish we could go back to those days but junko isn't the same little sister I grew up with. I don't think I'll ever get that version of her back-

"mukuro" I looked up to see mokoto on his knees with a worried expression "did you stay out here all night?"

"umm maybe" I said blushing slightly.

"you poor thing you must be cold" he took off his jacket and wrapped it around me.

"umm you don't have to do that" I muttered turning red.

"nonsense!" he insisted "your my friend and I want to help you"

"you really want to friends with me" I looked up in surprise.

"of course! Why wouldn't I?" he sat beside me.

"oh I don't know cause I worked alongside the mastermind! Cause I abandoned you all in hopes of getting back into her good graces" I rambled on.

"mukuro" mokoto looked at me kindly "I understand. I have a little sister too and while I wouldn't help her start the Apocalypse I do understand wanting to get closer to her" he placed a hand on my shoulder "we're all in this together so stop thinking of the past and look towards a bright, shining future" he gave me a bright smile before walking off.

I felt my heart skip a beat. I can't remember the last time someone smiled at me like that. I took the photo and ripped it in half.

Who needs Dispair when you can have hope.