A Sad Trail

Mukuros pov

We stood around the trail ground in silence. We already knew who the killer was. Sayaka freely confessed to it but none of us knew what to do.

"what's taking so long" sayaka asked "you already know I'm the killer so why not skip to the execution?"

"she's right" I sighed heavily "we're just wasting time like this. Let's just vote for her and then we can hear her out"

The others hesitately nodded and we voted for sayaka.

"why sayaka!" mokoto yelled with tears in his eyes "this was all so pointless! You ended up just admitted to the whole thing so what were you trying to achieve!"

"same thing I was trying to achieve all those other times" she smiled sadly "I was trying to protect the ones I love"

"huh?"

She sighed "when Monokuma told us the Motive I was honestly freaked out. I was afraid I was going to lose everything I love. It was at that moment that I saw gonta..."

*flashback*

"waaahaaa" the large teen sobbed as he hugged his bug cages tightly.

"gonta what's wrong?" I asked worriedly.

"friend sayaka" he turned to me with tears in his eyes "gonta scared that he's going to lose bug friends forever!"

"easy honey I'm sure that won't happen" I said rubbing his back soothingly "we'll figure something out. I promise"

"ok" gonta wiped his tears away and happily turned back to his bug cages.

I sadly pulled out my knife. I'm sorry gonta but someone has to die tonight. You were just unlucky.

*end of flashback*

"and that's how it happened" she muttered "I didn't want to kill a sweet boy like gonta but this cruel game. It forces you to do such horrible things doesn't it!" she yelled with tears in her eyes.

"you could have easily hid this from us but you chose not to" kyoko smiled at her "you really have changed sayaka"

"thank you" she smiled back

Mokoto looked like he was going to break down. I felt horrible for him.

Sayaka turned to me "mukuro please promise me that you'll take care of mokoto. And for goodness sake tell him how you feel!" she whispered the last part.

"I will" I said trying not to burst into tears.

"let's give it everything we've got! Iiiiiiits punishment Time!"

*time skip*

I stared at sayaka body with a newfound determination. Right it's about time I talked to mokoto!