Poisoned

Mukuros pov

I was walking down the hallway with mokoto and taka. We were having a casual conversation when we heard the sound of coughing coming from the rec room.

We wandered over to the rec room to see hina sitting in a red seat. She looked so peaceful. Is she-

"move aside!" sakura yelled with a note in her hand "I'm kicking this door down!"

The three of us stood back. Sakura raised her leg and with one swift motion she kicked the door off its hinges!

All that was waiting for us on the other side though was hinas dead body.

"a body has been discovered!"

Everyone immediately came rushing in.

"it's just as I feared" sakura said in a shaky voice "she planned this. Its all in the note she left me"

"let me see" I held out my hand. She nodded and gave me the note. I read outloud.

Dear sakura
I'm sorry I had to do this but I can't just stand back and let you sacrifice yourself again. I want you to live and escape with the others. So I've been brainstorming ideas on how to stop this and it came to me. All the fighting started because of me. Because I couldn't listen to them insult you. So instead of letting you take the fall I'll drink the poison. This time you get a happy ending.
Love you loads. Hina.

I see so it was a suicide. A sacrifice if you will. Its incredible how far someone will go for their friend.

My thoughts were cut off by sakura falling to her knees and pulling out a knife! "I'll be with you soon hina" she muttered before raising the knife and..

"what the hell do you think you're doing" she stopped at Kokichis scream "hina sacrificed herself so that you could live and you just want to throw that away? Don't you realise how selfish your being?!"

Sakura stared at him in disbelief. He sighed "when you lose someone it hurts more than anything else in the world but dying with them is just the cowereds way out. It takes true strength to continue on living and carry on their memory. That is what it truly means to love someone!"

"kokichi" chihiro said softly.

Sakura smiled at him "your very wise for someone your age kokichi" she dropped the knife "I can't believe I forgot something so basic"

Kokichi ran up and hug her while the usually strong girl broke down into tears. All I could was stand there in shocked silence.

How could something like this happen?