The Sad Truth

Mukuros pov

We all took our places at the stands once again. It really does feel strange leading the trail but it's something I'll gladly do. After all I've got someone else to fight for.

"our victim this time was mondo owada" taka said not missing a beat "he was killed with a blow to the head. He was most likely killed by having his head slammed repeatedly against the wall"

"how awful" gonta said tearfully.

"yes" taka nodded with a pained expression "now with the information we should try and figure out who killed him-"

"hold it!" I yelled out "He was most likely killed by having his head slammed repeatedly against the wall. That's what you said right?"

"yeah what's wrong with that?" taka asked.

"that can't be possible!" man its fun being dramatic! "I checked the head wound myself and mondo was definitely killed on impact"

Everyone gasped.

"it's true" kyoko spoke up "I checked the head wound myself and the scars indicate that he was killed in one blow"

"I see" taka muttered "I'm sorry everyone. I figured that since mondo was so strong that he would have put up a fight"

"aww it's ok taka. Everyone makes mistakes" hina said kindly.

"a mistake that could have cost us our lives but I wouldn't have expected any more from a simpleton like you" Byakuya smirked. Wow what an asshole!

"anyway with that info we should be able to find out who the killer is" taka said, completely ignoring Byakuyas comment.

"but where do we start?" sayaka asked.

"I have an idea" I spoke up "kaito care to explain where you got that burse?"

"the hell are you getting at" maki growled.

"let him speak" I said as maki shot me a murderous glare.

"Well as I explained earlier tenko beat me up for accidentally walking in on her changing" kaito laughed awkwardly "Leon and rantaro can back me up on this. They were also caught in her warpath"

"I still can't forgive her for what she did to my face" Leon grumbled.

"your lucky to still be alive you degenerate!" tenko yelled.

I turned to tenko "tenko do you mind telling me where you hit the boys"

"certainly" she grinned "I kicked Leon in the face, rantaro in the throat and since kaito was the tallest I kicked him right in the stomach!"

"the stomach you say? Interesting" I turned to kaito "tell me kaito if you got hit in the stomach by tenko then where did you get the bruse on your face!"

"I-I-I" kaito stuttered. I smirked to myself. I got him-

"that's enough!" maki yelled "what the hell gives you the right to question him like that! Kaito is a sweet and caring guy. He would never-"

"it's ok maki-roll" kaito said softly. He turned to the rest of us "your right. I killed him"

"I figured as much" I sighed. Kaito is one of those guys who everyone looks up to. Hearing that he killed someone understandably brings us dispair "let's start the voting"

The others nodded and hesitately voted for kaito.

"you idiot" maki screamed as she beat on kaitos chest. The astronaut made no effort to stop her "why did you do it? Did you not care that you were leaving me behind?"

"it was an accident" he muttered shakingly "I was just trying to calm him but he turned around and punched me! And then.."

*flashback*

"I told you to fuck off!" mondo yelled as he threw a punch, knocking me back.

His eyes widened "shit are you ok-"

"what the hells wrong with you!" I yelled as I threw a punch of my own.

He flew back into the wall and hit his head against the wall. He didn't move.

"mondo?" I shock him lightly. His body felt cold. Shit I killed him!

"what have I done?"

*end of flashback*

Maki continued to cry in her boyfriends arms as he finished his story. So it was all just an accident. Damnit! I bet junkos loving this.

"I'm sorry I failed you maki-roll" kaito held her close "hey do you think you could promise me something?"

"what?" she asked through thick tears.

"please don't give up this time" he petted her hair "your so brave and strong. I know you can survive this time. You just need to hold on to hope" he flashed her a big smile "can you do that for me?"

"ok" she said as she wiped her tears away.

He turned to shuichi "take care of her for me. Ok sidekick"

"I will" shuichi said as he tried not to burst into tears.

He turned to Monokuma "ok I'm ready"

"excellent" Monokuma grinned "then "let's give it everything we've got! Iiiiiiits punishment Time!"

*time skip*

Maki fell to her knees sobbing. Shuichi ran up to her and pulled her into a hug. I watched them sadly. What is this? I can't remember the last time I felt sad about someone dying. Could it be?..

Could I be changing?