The Unexpected Murderer

Sakuras pov

We all took our places at the stands. I'm not used to taking charge. I've always been more brawn than brains after all but desperate times calls for desperate measures.

"do we really need to do this?" hina asked "it's pretty obvious Leon's the killer"

"what!" he yelped.

"now now lets not jump to conclusions. We should look though the evidence before deciding on a verdict." shuichi said quickly.

"Well I strongly disagree" I folded my arms.

"oh wow is sakura going to be in charge of the courtroom" hina said clapping his hand excitedly.

"I suppose so" I muttered "anyway I think we should start with the incinerator room, seeing as the room was locked and the incinerator was left on with a smashed cristal ball next to it this crime can only be linked to one person and I'm afraid that person is you Leon!"

"huh?" was all the red head could muster out.

"your the ultimate baseball star aren't you? Then throwing the cristal ball into the incinerators on switch would be something only you could do" I glared at him. I have him now. There's no way he can-

"hold on a minute" chihiro said so forcefully that everyone stopped what they were doing. "me and kokichi have found evadince that completely contradicts that statement"

"so I was wrong?" I muttered in disbelief. I can't believe it. I could have gotten everyone killed!

"Well if that's the case then what happens to the killers shirt?" taka asked "I can't see them stabbing sayaka that many times without covering themselves in blood. So how did they get rid of the shirt!"

"I'm glad you asked taka sempi! You see the killer simply used this" he pulled out a matchbox "to burn the evidence! We even found ashes behind the bed."

"well taken that into consideration I think we need to look into this case a little more." rantaro said thoughtfully.

"hey shumi do you want to know who I think the killer is?" kokichi asked excitedly

"Umm sure kokichi" shuichi muttered nervously.

"I think the killer is you!" he pointed at the boy determinedly.

"why would you think I was the killer?" shuichi asked tearfully

"cause most of the evidence points to you and your a terrible lier" shuichi let out a choked gasp while kaito glared at kokichi

"kokichi you better apologise right now" kaito yelled.

"unless you want to die!" maki growled.

"hey I have proof you know" kokichi pouted "don't we babe?" he smiled at chihiro.

"y-yeah" he smiled nervously "mokoto did you get everyone's testamonis like I asked?"

"oh yeah" mokoto said knocked off guard by the sudden question. "but the only one that was useful was keade claiming that a knife went missing in the kitchen"

"oh yeah I was drinking tea when noticed a knife went missing" keade explained

"do you remember who was in the kitchen before the knife went missing" I asked

"oh it was" her face paled "shuichi!"

"wait please! I only took that knife for self defense. If we went back to my room you could see it was still there" sayaka protested

"yeah that's right shuichi would never hurt anyone" I sighed, kaitos so quick to believe her. This is going to hurt.

"sayaka that's impossible" chihiro said simply.

"why are you douting her chihiro? We're supposed to be friends!" kaito yelled.

"we are friends kaito" chihiro sighed "that's why we have to do this. We have to face the truth so that everyone can live!"

"you have no prove that the knife I took is the one that killed sayaka!" shuichi said shakingly.

"I think we can. Can't we cheerio?" he grinned at his boyfriend.

"exactly" chihiro said smiling "all the prove is in sayakas dieing message"

"sayaka left a dieing message?" I exclaimed.

"yes! She didn't write a name, honestly I don't think she would have had enough time  but she did leave us a symbol. A magnifying glass. I can't see that linking to anyone but you!"

"hehehe" shuichi laughed softly. It was a little unsettling "I can't believe I missed that. I really am a sad excuse for a detective!" kaito and maki looked at him, a look of betrayal plastered on their faces.

"well I think we got our confession" I sighed "shall we start the votes?"

We nodded as we voted for shuichi.

"why?" maki grabbed him by the shirt as tears rolled down her cheeks "why the hell did you kill her! You goddamn idiot"

"I had to" he whispered "they were torturing my uncle. I couldn't just stand back and let them do it!"

We stood in silence. I can't exactly blame him for what he's done. I know I'd do the same to protect hina.

"ok enough of the sob story" Monokuma popped up "it's punishment time"

"like hell I'll let you touch my sidekick" kaito growled as he stood in front of shuichi "come on. I'll take you on mysel-"

"kaito that's enough!" shuichi yelled "I have to pay for what I've done" he pulled kaito and maki into a hug "please survive for me"

"let's give it everything we've got! Iiiiiiits punishment Time!"

*time skip*

I watched as kaito and maki hugged each other as tears ran down their face.

I looked away sadly. I could have gotten everyone killed just cause I didn't look into things. I need to improve myself. Or else I won't be able to protect the ones I love.