Surprise, surprise.

Camille scrolled through every social media app before huffing and setting her phone to the side of her.

"Why you doing allat breathing for?" Mai Lee, her best friend, asked. Her voice sounding through the speakers of her phone.

"Couples, all I see is couples all up and down my timeline. I'm sick of the cute shit!" Her eyes rolled, and her face frowned up at the ceiling, watching the fan rotate in circles.

Valentine's Day was coming up, and once again she was single.

"You'll be okay. Being single isn't that bad." She tried to console Camille, but was failing miserably.

"Bitch that's easy for you to say you got a boyfriend!" She picked up the phone so Mai Lee could see the look of disdain on her face.

"Please me and Lonzo are not official." "Yet." Camille emphasized. That man was head over heels for her, he was definitely gonna lock her down sooner or later. And Camille knew for a fact it would be sooner because he asked her what should he do to ask Mai Lee out!

"Maybe I could get Lonzo, to get his brother to take you on a date on Valentine's. He did mention he said you were cute."

You squinted your eyes, "Doesn't he have a girlfriend? Ebony or something like that?"

"No, not Gelo! Melo."

Melo was cute and all but he was too flashy and full of himself. Camille couldn't imagine ever being with someone like that no matter how cute they were.

"Oo girl I don't know about that one."

"Bitch you were just crying about not having a date, you want one or not?" She laughed.

"Girl I'm bitter, not desperate!"

"Shit, I couldn't tell." "Ooooo no you didn't!" You laughed.

"I say give it a chance, you never know you might enjoy yourself." She winked in the camera. "I'm going to text him right now."

"Hm yeah okay we'll see."

-

"Camille your date is here!" Her roommate yelled from the front of your apartment. "Okay!"

She yelled spraying the last little bit of her Burberry Her fragrance. And smoothing our any imperfections in her silk shirt.

To say she was nervous was an understatement, yeah she's been on dates before and yeah she didn't even like the kid but she still had the butterflies for some reason

Walking down the hall, and up to him she could see him checking out her roommate, which made her roll her eyes. This only confirmed all the assumptions she has about Melo.

She cleared her throat making her presence known, and gaining LaMelo's attention.

"Wow, you look gorgeous, Happy Valentine's Day." Melo smiled showing his bottom grill in his mouth. "Thank you." She smiled, only to be polite but was still bothered by the fact he was checking out her very attractive roommate.

"See you later Kamayah don't wait up!" Camille smiled, following LaMelo out the door and to his Lamborghini.

The ride to the restaurant wasn't as bad as she thought it'd be. He played some songs that she really enjoyed and had to Shazam because she'd be damned if she let him know he put her on to some.

Eventually, they were seated at a table close to a window that looked over the beach and were waiting for their meal to arrive.

"So, tell me about yourself." Melo asked nervously. He wasn't good at small talk, but he really wanted to get to know Camille. From what Lonzo told him about her she was a real catch.

"What do you wanna know?" "Anything."

"Okay, well I'm from Georgia. 21 and a September baby."

"Ugh, Virgo." Melo pretended to be disgusted.

"Whatever boy! Anyway like I was saying." She joked. "I'm an only child, unfortunately. I like to bake, do yoga, and read when I have a chance. Oh and, I graduated this past Fall from Georgia Tech." She smiled awkwardly, it was kind of weird talking about herself.

He nodded his head impresses, sipping some of his water. "How'd you end up in Cali?"

"Oh well, I'm a software engineer for Meta, and you know the headquarters is out here in Silicon Valley. They gave me the option to work in the Atlanta office, but I wanted a change of scenery."

Melo was amazed, she was a pretty young thing and smart? That was hard to come by out here.

"Oh, is that how you met Mai Lee?"

Camille nodded. "Yeah, she's like my best friend out here."

"But, enough of me tell me about you."

"I'm sure you know all of this but of course I have two brothers, I'm the youngest, I'm really passionate about basketball, and coincidentally I like to bake too." He winked, making Camille laugh.

He'd love to put a bun in her oven.
(Ahaha get it I am a comedic genius.)

"Wow, you don't give me baker vibes. I would've never guessed." She laughed. "What? Girl I make a mean Canoli, what vibes did you get from me?"

"Um, let's see." Camille looked in the air, before directing her eyes back to Melo. "Douchebag, spoiled brat, who is too full of himself, and a hoe."

"Ouch." Melo pretended to wince and grabbed his heart. "You think I'm a hoe?"

Camille covered her mouth laughing. "I mean yeah, all that's ever in the media about you is how you're dating a new girl every week, and how old she is."

LaMelo leaned back in his chair folding his arms. "I'll say this, I'm with a 'new girl' every week because they're just not what I want. I don't fuck them or anything." Camille gave him the yeah right face. "Okay, okay. I do fuck some of them." He laughed. "But that's only because at the time that's all they have to give and I'm 20 my sex drive is crazy."

"Why do you go for older women then?" "Because the younger girls out here aren't on their shit. They all wanna be influencers and Instagram baddies. I want somebody mature who can hold their own with out me, but my added income is a plus. You know? I don't know I just figured the older women would be more mature but that's not the case, honestly."

"Oh really? I thought it was just mommy issues." Camille smirked. "Ha ha." Melo laughed. He didn't have mommy issues ... did he? Nah, he thought.

They got their meal talked more blah blah blah.

"It's safe to say you have surprised me tonight LaMelo Ball. There's more character to you then I thought."

"Well, There's a lot of surprises about me mamas. Hopefully after this date, you'd give me the pleasure of us getting to know each other better, so you can find them out."

"Hmmm, is this your way of asking me out on future dates." Her eyebrow arched, and she squinted her eyes playfully. "Of course. I can't let an amazing girl like you slip through my fingers."

The end :)
-
The Gelo imagines book is out! Add it to ur library the first imagine is the imagine I posted yesterday.