Jealousy (1)

I hopped out my BMW, pulling my top up a little more, covering my body a little as I watched kids run around across the yard

I hopped out my BMW, pulling my top up a little more, covering my body a little as I watched kids run around across the yard. Grabbing Jaden's birthday gift off the passenger side seat I fluffed the tissue paper inside a little more concealing the Off White 5s she had been talking about for months. It was her 20th and she was having a day party at the house she rented out for the year. Walking through the house I placed her gift on the table.

"Damn, Tori?" Zo cheesed. "Hey ZoZo." I returned the smile, embracing him into a hug. Inhaling his scent. Zo always smelled so good.

"How you been? You went ghost on everybody." He eyed me, inquisitively.

"I mean, I just moved back to Atlanta so you know how that goes." I looked down kicking the air with my heels, avoiding eye contact. I already knew where this conversation was going.

"You know he misses you right?"

I rolled my eyes, here this bullshit go. "No, he doesn't." If he missed me why hasn't he called? Why hadn't he checked up on me? It's been a whole year.

"How you gone tell me how I feel?"

Hearing his voice from behind me made me shiver. I watched as Zo left laughing awkwardly, while I tried to beg him to stay.

Slowly I turned around facing, my high school sweetheart.

"Wow, you look good. As always of course." He smiled.

"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself." I laughed. We stood staring at each other, basking in each other presence for some time, before he spoke again.

"I really have missed you." He grabbed my hand holding it in his. "Then why haven't you called?"

Sighing deeply he tilted his head to the side. "Victoria."

"What? It's a valid question."

Releasing my hand from his grip he spoke. "Why would I call you after, you did what you did?" His eyebrow raised.

"Because if you really loved me you wouldn't have let that effect our relationship."

"If you really loved me, you wouldn't have cheated on me with Eli and expect me to forgive you automatically!"

Huffing I rolled my eyes before pushing past him. "Nah, where you going." He grabbed my arm pulling me back to the secluded area.

"I don't wanna talk about it Lamelo." I looked out the window to avoid his gaze.

"Look at me."

My head didn't budge.

"See, you can't even look at me because you know I'm right." He laughed disgustedly, pushing his tongue against the inside of his cheek. "It's crazy the control you have over me. Our relationship is so toxic, yet I'm so in love with you I don't even want to let it go."

Looking down at my heels I whispered, "I'm sorry."

"What's that? I can't hear you."

"Melo, don't make me say it again." I shot him a look.

"I'm not gone make you say anything you don't wanna say." He shrugged, speaking slowly and softly. His eyes roamed my body before he took in his bottom lip.

"I don't even blame Eli." He shook his head. "If I had someone like you tempting me, I'd hit in a heartbeat. I just wish you weren't that easy."

"Huh?" Now he was getting disrespectful. I walked up closer to him getting in his face.

"Easy, you heard me." He smirked.

"Don't ev-."

"Babe!" A lighter skinned woman yelled from behind him, making her appearance seen. She looked older than us. I stepped back from Melo smoothing my skirt down.

"Wassup baby?" He turned towards her pecking her on the lips. I gulped, swallowing down the lump that was trying to form in my throat. Baby?

"Whose this?" She directed her attention towards me. "No one, just an old friend from Chino." He smiled reassuring her. She smiled towards me before continuing her conversation. I walked away after politely excusing myself.

Old friend? No One? Geez that one hurt. I know what I did to him was wrong but damn. How could he demote me like that? I definitely wasn't a no one and I sure as hell wasn't just an old friend.