Kirk

**This one is a little different than usual.**

James Kirk loved away mission, well, the ones that didn't go bad. The last particular mission was amazing. Jim had met the best girl, she was alien/human of course, but Jim loved her instantly. She didn't have a name, but Spock suggested the name Maria. She liked it and it stuck.

Jim looked at Maria, sleeping peacefully beside him, and remembered what it had been like to meet her. That was months ago, but Jim remembered it clearly. She had, for some reason, been able to understand and speak English.

The planet was warm and wet. It was full of plants and animals. Jim had beamed down, along with Spock, McCoy, Chekov, and three red shirts. Chekov and Spock went to work, scanning plants and water. McCoy and the red shirts walked with Jim.

Almost as soon as they crossed into a clearing, they felt a presence. No one was sure what it was, but it didn't seem good.

"Sir." one guard, Andy, said. "There's something over there."

Jim looked where he was motioning and saw the bush move than go still. Cautiously, Andy and Jim inched toward it. Andy reached in and pulled put a figure. A girl actually.

"What the." McCoy muttered. The two other guards slowly lowered their phasers.

"Andy, phasers down." Jim ordered. Andy lowered his phaser and backed up. Jim slowly approached the girl, his hands outstretched. She looked beautiful, even though she wasn't very clean. Slowly she reached her hand out to touch Jim.

"Hey, I'm Jim Kirk. This is Leonard McCoy and Andy. Those two are Naomi and Ashton. Yes, we are like you, I think." Jim said. The girl nodded.

"I'm.. From Earth." The girl said. "I was on a ship. It crashed. I was the only surviver."

"Oh, I'm sorry." Jim muttered slowly. "We are from Starfleet. Were you?"

"No, I don't think I was." She answered.

"Do you remember your name?" McCoy asked, starting to scan her with a tri corder.

"No." She whispered.

"That's okay, just take it easy." McCoy whispered trying to be soothing. It was working. At this point, Spock and Chekov had came back.

"Keptain, who is that girl?" Chekov asked looking at her.

"She doesn't have a name." The captain explained. Chekov nodded and back away.

"Captain, if you'd like, I could give her a name." Spock volunteered.

"As long as its not a Vulcan name, okay." Kirk agreed.

"How about Maria." Spock suggested, moving closer to her.

"Maria." Kirk and Maria muttered.

"I love it. It's pretty." Maria said.

The name stuck. They took Maria aboard the Enterprise and about a month after that, her and Kirk started dating. Both of them were as happy as could be. Spock was proud of his naming skills, and every one was pretty sure Chekov was jealous that Kirk got the pretty girl.

Authors note:

Commented by miss-midgardian
I know it was different, for everyone, but I hope you liked it. I kinda strayed a little from the request, but I hope you still like it.