Kirk

*BOOM*

The apartment shook, the loud sound racked through your body. Tonight was a terrible thunderstorm. Your boyfriend, Jim Kirk, was miraculously sleeping through the noise.

Suddenly, a babies cry interrupted you. Your newborn daughter, Stephanie, was crying. The thunder had woken her up and she was most likely scared.

"Y/N, can you get her?" Jim asked, poking you with his elbow lightly.

"Sure," you mutter, getting up. "How are you?" You ask Stephanie, picking her up. She instantly settled down a little, sensing her mother was holding her.

More thunder crackled and Stephanie started to scream louder. This time Jim got up with you. He walked out into the living room and turned on the news. Bad storms were moving through the area. Good thing the two of you were on a middle floor, your apartment couldn't be flooded. The worst part would be if there was a tornado.

A beeping started going off and sirens sounded.

"We should go to the closet." Jim said, opening the door. Just as he said that, the power went out.

You blindly stumbled through the dark the the room. Jim wrapped his arm around you and sat down next to you.
Your head was leaned into his chest, his arms wrapped around you and Stephanie.

"Jim, I'm kinda scared." You admit, rubbing Stephanie's back. She was fussing in your arms, one of Jim's arms was around you and Stephanie.

"I'm a little scared too, but I'll protect my girls. Try to fall asleep, we'll be here for a couple hours." Jim said, kissing the top of your head.

Within an hour, you fell asleep in Jim's warm and strong embrace.  Stephanie had stopped fussing.

In the morning, the storms were still going, but the tornado warnings were gone. The three of you got out of the closet and just went to bed. One scary night turned out to be okay.