Pike part 2

"So do you have an idea on how we can tell your father?" Your husband Jim Kirk asked. You were about four months pregnant. You didn't want to tell your dad, Christopher Pike, over a message or a call. You wanted to tell him in person.

"Not really. I suppose we could drop a hint and see if he gets it." You suggest, glancing at your stomach and then to Jim. He nods.

"Like how?" He asks, adjusting himself on the bed to face you.

"Maybe doing baby foods. You knew, baby carrots or something like that. Or we could get a t-shirt for the dog and have the dog run up to him and the t-shirt says 'your going to be a grandpa.'" You suggest, shrugging your shoulders.

"I like the dog one." Jim said, kissing you lightly on the lips. "Remember, pack baggy clothes. He doesn't know."

"Yeah, of course." You answer sarcastically as you shove baggy shirts and pants into a bag. You never understood the concept of organizational packing. What's the point. It's all in the same place.

You and Jim beamed down to Earth with Chekov and his new wife. All of you parted when Chekov had to go on a train to New York so he could fly to Russia with his wife.

Your father met you and Jim at the landing pad. He drove the two of you to his house and gave you some weird looks. That night, you and Jim were cuddling on the couch alone, talking about what day you were going to tell him.

The next day, you had thrown up that morning. Jim stayed with you in the bathroom. Pike liked to get up early and go for a jog, so you had time before he got back. Jim left to go get the t-shirt for your dad's dog, Harvey. Harvey was a medium sized dog and he didn't mind clothes on him.

Jim managed to do all that, and get the shirt on the dog before your dad got back. Jim was practically wrestling the dog when he walked in. Harvey may like wearing clothes, but he hates getting it on. Jim ended up getting a few scratches on his face and arms, making it look like he'd been in a fight.

"What are you doing do my dog?" Pike asked, sitting down at a counter exhausted.

"I tried to put a shirt on him. It didn't work too well." Jim said, standing up from the floor. He looked down at Harvey and smiled.

"I see. How are you doing today, Y/N?" Pike asked, looking at you in the couch.

"Good. I'm tired." You reply, trying to sit up, but realizing you couldn't do so without it being hard.

"What does the shirt say?" Your dad asked, looking at the dog.

"Um.. Well. When you read the shirt, it's true." Jim said, moving the dog closer.

Pike tilted his head to read the shirt. "Your going to be a grandfather...." He read before freezing. He slowly looked up at you two. Jim just randomly smiled while you did the same. It was sorta a 'I'm very sorry if your mad' smile. "Is this really true. Are you..?"

"Yes." You say, now sitting, but really struggling to.

"Oh my God!" Pike exclaimed, moving over it the couch next to you. He wrapped you into a big hug, but then moved away and looked at your stomach. "How far along?"

"Twenty-one weeks. I'm sorry we didn't tell you sooner, I wanted to tell you in person." You say, giving him another hug. Jim had sat behind you and wrapped his arms around you and joined the hug.

"It's fine. I'm just happy. Have you found out the gender?" Pike asked.

"Yes, I've been keeping it a secret so I could tell you and Jim at the same time." You say, looking at both of them.
"It's a girl."

Jim froze. "Girl?" He stuttered in asking. You nod. "Wow." He muttered hugging you.

"I agree with him. Wow." You dad added, hugging you and Jim. "Now I have two girls to protect."

"Don't be very over protective." You add. "Save some for Jim."

"Yeah. We'll see." Pike said, before hugging you again.