Kirk

Today would be a very special day. You were going to tell your son and two daughters what the gender of your knew baby would be. You and your husband, Jim knew, but you were going to tell your kids.

Alex, your oldest and only son, was sitting at the table next to a cake. You and Jim were going to tell them by using the color of the cake. Pink is a girl, blue is a boy. Alex was six years old, while your two daughters, who were twins, were three. Their names were Jayden and Melissa.

"What's the baby! What's the baby!" They all said, jumping up and down in their chairs. Jayden and Melissa had just sat down at the table next to Alex.

"Okay, see the cut in the slice of cake?" You ask and they all nod, excited. "Alex, lift up the knife. Pink is a girl, blue is a boy. It's the color of the cake."

Alex lifted the knife and looked at the cake. He instantly dropped the knife and put it head on the table. He started crying and banging his head lightly on the table.

"Why are you crying?" Melissa asked Alex, giving him a hug.

"It's a girl!" Alex yelled, putting his head back down on the table.

Melissa and Jayden jumped up and down screaming. "We have another sister!" They chanted. Alex just continued crying.

"Alex, you okay buddy?" Jim asked.

"Why does it have to be a girl!?" He shouts, crying louder. "I don't want another sister! I hate girls!"

"Why don't you lift up the knife on the other side of the cake?" You suggest, rotating the cake to reveal another knife.

"What?" Alex asked, confused. Melissa and Jayden stopped jumping and looked at you and Jim. There faces were confused. 

"Is it twins?" Alex asked, figuring it out. You nod and motion for him to lift the knife.

"Same rules as before." You say just before he lifted the knife.

"It's blue. It's a boy!" He yelled, jumping up from his chair. "I get a brother!"

You and Jim were laughing at your kids happiness of the whole situation. Alex would get his brother, and the girls would get another sister.