Spock

"Mom! I don't want to go to Vulcan! I want to stay on Earth!" You yell at yours mom. She shook her head and helped you pack.

"You know your dad has to go to Vulcan for a meeting. We, as a family, are going there on a vacation. A year long vacation." Your mother answered, putting a few shirts into the suitcase.

"What about school?" You ask, looking up at her.

"You'll go to school on Vulcan. Seven year old Vulcan's learn almost the same things seven year old humans learn." Your mother replied, closing the cloths suitcase. "Pack you toys."

You grabbed a bunch of toys and put them in a bag. A few stuffed animals and toys had to be left behind, but your parents were renting out the apartment. The people moving in promised not to touch any of your families belongings.

You'd never been in space before. All the stars shown brighter than you thought, and it was silent. You would be on a ship for a few days. There were a couple kids, but they left before you reached Vulcan.

Vulcan itself was cool. The planet was hot and it was hard to breathe, but you liked the color of the rocks. Your father had to go to the Vulcan leaders home. You and your mother went with, seeing as you'd be staying on Vulcan for a year. Who better to tell you about the planet than the leader, Sarek, himself?

Their house was huge. Walls ceilings were towering above you. It was very open, with tons of windows and doors. Your father was in a meeting, while you and your mother were with Sarek's wife, Amanda. Surprisingly, she was human.

"As a human, do you like living on Vulcan?" Your mother asked Amanda.

"It can be hard at times, especially the air quality. Although, I do have a son that keeps me company. He is half human and half Vulcan. Mainly Vulcan, but he does act slightly human around me. It's nice." Amanda said, smiling to herself at the mention of her son. "How old is she?" Amanda asked, pointing to you.

"Seven." Your mother answered, looking down at you. You were just quietly sitting beside your mother, playing with a stuffed animal.

"My son is seven. What's your name?" Amanda asked you.

"Y/N," you answer, looking up. "What's your sons name?"

"Spock." Amanda said, smiling at you. "He's just outside in the back. He has a pet sehlek that he enjoys being with. You can join him if you'd like?" Amanda offered.

You looked up at your mom for permission. She nodded and took the stuffed animal, so you could go outside.   

You walked through a door that led outside. You stumbled over rocks to get to the back. Sure enough, there was a seven year old Vulcan boy, playing with a strange creature.

"Hello!" You yell to him. He turned around and stood up. His back was straight and his hands were behind his back. He walked over to you. Even his walk was Vulcan.

"Greetings." He said when he got to you. He put his hand in a Vulcan salute, which you returned. "I'm Spock. My parents told me someone would be coming. You must be Y/N."

"Yes. What is that creature?" You ask, pointing your finger at the creature.

"That is a Sehlek. He may look threatening and mean, but he is truly a gentle creature." Spock answered, glancing back at the sehlek. "Would you like to meet him?"

"Yeah." You say, running past Spock to the Sehlek.

It was bigger than you thought. Bigger than an Earth black bear. It had two large fangs that stuck out of its mouth. Spock walked over and stroked the sehlek's side. The giant creature purred and turned its head toward Spock.

"Stroke him like this. He seems to enjoy it." Spock instructed, showing you how to pet the sehlek.

Caustically, you reached out your arm and touched the fur. The sehlek seemed to sense the difference in touch, but adjusted. "I think he likes me." You say to Spock. Spock nods and scratched behind sehlek's ears. Maybe being on Vulcan wasn't such a bad thing.

The year has gone by fast. You were teased a lot in school for being human, but Spock stood up for you. He was pulled himself, but it didn't seem to bother him so much. He got in fights often though.

Your last day on Vulcan was bitter sweet. You had to say goodbye to Spock, but you got to go back home to Earth. Spock was even upset when you left. Sehlek could tell something was wrong.

Before you left, you gave Spock a long big hug. He hugged you back, which surprised both of his parents. "I hope you see you sometime again Spock." You mutter to him, through tears.

Fifteen years later, you were accepted into StarFleet academy. Your first day on the campus was a wreck. New and old cadets were rushing every where and you didn't know where to go.

You saw a young Vulcan that looked about your age. Your mind immediately thought of Spock, until you realized, it was Spock.

A couple years ago you had read in an article that one Vulcan, Spock, had joined StarFleet. He was the first Vulcan to join ever. It was quite a big step, and his father apparently disowned him for it.

You walked over to the man, who was just sitting at a café, with a PADD in hand. "Spock?" You ask, sitting down at the chair across from him.

"Yes?" He asked, looking up at you.

"I don't expect you to remember me. We knew each other as kids. We were both seven. I lived on Vulcan for a year, while my father worked there. You and I were friend for a while and-" you said, but you were cut off.

"Y/N. I remember you. It's great to see you again. Are you attending the academy?" Spock said, putting the PADD down.

"Yes. I'm studying nursing." You reply. "What about you?"

"I'm studying just about every subject. I wish to be first officer, or possible captain of a ship. To do that, I need skills in medicine, physics, navigation, piloting, and engineering." Spock said.

The two of you were awkwardly looking at each other. "I should probably go." You say, standing up to leave.

"Y/N, wait. Would you like to go out sometime and catch up on what has happened these past fifteen years?" Spock asked, looking uncomfortable.

"Sure." You say, smiling at him before walking away.

~~~~~~~~

Requested by Juliet22Fujioka
Hope it was what you wanted! 😀