McCoy

"Will you stop crying?" Leonard McCoy asked his six month old daughter, Sabrina. She has been crying non stop for an hour now.

Sabrina continued to cry. "Awwww. Awww!" Leonard said, mimicking the cries. Sabrina just flailed her arms and screamed louder. Nothing Leonard did would calm her. He was very close to taking her to sickbay.

Man other hour passed and she kept crying. Her voice was more of a whimper now, and Leonard knew her throat was sore. She had a fever, so Leonard took her to sickbay.

Being a doctor himself, he could just scan her himself. He laid her on a sickbay bed, wrapped in blankets so Sabrina couldn't move and roll of the bed.

It turned out she had a bad case of strep throat, and screaming wasn't helping. Nurses have McCoy some weird looks when he carried Sabrina in. A chief medical officer carrying a screaming baby surprisingly wasn't a normal sight.

When you got home, Leonard was sleeping sloppily on the bed. Sabrina was in her crib, fussing. You walked over to her to pick her up, but Leonard sat up and yelled,"Don't touch her! You'll make it worse!"

You moved your hands away from Sabrina and turned around. "Why can't I touch our daughter?"

"She's got strep throat. I noticed that f you let her be, she doesn't cry. That's why I was sleeping. She was quiet. Finally." Leonard muttered, laying back in the bed.

"Fine." You say, frustrated. You lay down on the bed by Leonard. "Do you want to have anymore kids?"

Leonard turned his head to look at you. "Someday." He answered, before turning his head away.

"How about in eight months?" You ask, turning his head so he looked at you.

"What do you mean eight months? Babies take nine. Anyway, even if you conceived now, it would take nine months. Why would you say, oh....." Leonard suddenly realized, his eyes widened. "You're not."

"Yup. Your going to be a dad again." You say, rolling onto your side. He did the same and the two of you kissed.

"I can't believe I'm going to be a father again." Leonard muttered, kissing you again.

"Well, believe it. Sabrina's going to be a big sister. I can't wait." You say, sitting up and looking over and Sabrina.

"Jim is going to tease me about two kids being so close in age." Leonard muttered, looking at the crib.

Sabrina was six months old, so the new baby would have a year and two month difference. She wouldn't know what was happening.

"He probably will." You say, kissing Leonard again. "Love you."

"Love you," Leonard said to you. "Love you." He muttered to the unborn baby. "Love you, Sabrina." He whispered towards the crib.