Kirk

"Mommy?" You heard a small voice ask. You slowly opened your eyes to see your two year old daughter, standing beside your bed, holding a little stuffed dog your husband, Jim, had gotten her.

"What's wrong Alexa?" You ask, yawning. You noticed her eyes were red and puffy, she had been crying.

"I had a very very bad dream." She muttered, hugging the dog tight.

"Mhm, what's up?" Jim asked, stirring next to you an sitting up.

"Alexa had a bad dream." You say.

"Oh, Do you want to stay with mommy and I, Alexa?" He asked her. She nodded her head and crawled up between you and Jim.

"What was your dream about, honey?" You ask, as she settled in.

"I dreamed that you and daddy were being hurt by a bad man. And then, that bad man was in my room. He was going to hurt me, but then I woke up." Alexa said, starting to cry more. "I'm scared."

"Don't be, it's okay. Do you want daddy and I to make sure your room is clear of any bad men?" You ask, looking at her.

"I want daddy to go, I want you to stay with me." she responded.

"I'll go." Jim said, standing up from the bed. Alexa snuggled close to you and held close.

"Be careful, daddy." She said. Jim nodded at her and went to her room. A minute later he came back.

"No ones there." Jim said, laying back down on the bed, and going under the covers.

"Thank you." Alexa said, giving him a big hug.

"No problem. And don't worry, nothing will happen to you as long as mommy and I are around. We won't let you, or each other, get hurt." Jim said, kissing her forehead.

"Goodnight," Alexa muttered, snuggling in your and Jim's arms. "Love you."

"Love you Alexa." You and Jim say, holding her close.