Chekov

"C'mon Chekov, just try. She likes people." You insist to your boyfriend. You were trying to get him to go near your pet dog. She was just a little terrier, but for some reason Pavel was terrified of her.

"She doesn't like me." Pavel muttered, shaking his head.

"Then I guess you're not people." You say, grabbing his hand. You were going to take him to your apartment to meet you dog. He was resisting.

"Does this building allow pets?" Chekov asked when he walked into the building. A women holding a cat gave him a weird look before walking off.

"I wouldn't have the dog if the building didn't allow pets. Now stop whining, she's really nice." You argue, pulling him into an elevator.

You opened the door of your apartment and your dog ran over to you, wagging her tail happily. "See, she's not bad." You say, scratching behind her ears.

"Maybe not." Pavel said, bending down to pet her. She suddenly turned and tried to bite his fingers. Pavel jumped back and ran into the bathroom, locking himself in.

You point a stern look at you dog before walking over to the bathroom. "Pavel, I can lock her in her kennel for a while." You say, trying to get him to come out.

You hear the door unlock and Pavel walked out. You went over to your dog and placed her in the kennel. You placed the kennel on the table by the couch Pavel was sitting on. 

"What are you doing!" He exclaimed, hugging his legs close to his chest.

"It's fine. She's in the kennel. This might be a good bonding way." You suggest. "What is it with you and dogs anyway?"

"When I was little, a large dog chased me through my neighborhood. My mother thought it was a game, but she knew it wasn't when the dog finally jumped me and clawed at my leg. Sixty-two stitches in various parts of my legs and even arms. Never liked dogs since." Pavel explained, rubbing his left leg.

"Pavel, I'm sorry." You say, hugging him. "She's a little dog and she likes people, she just had to warm up to you first."

"Okay." Pavel muttered, leaning towards the kennel. You give him one of the dog treats and he hold it out to the dog. She happily took it, without getting his fingers. Pavel still had his fingers in the cage, and she licked them.

"See, she's not scary." You insist.

"Yeah, maybe not." Pavel muttered, smiling at the dog.

~~~~~~~~~~

This was requested by Clieo_Whiteshadow
I'm so so so so so so so so sorry it took a long time. Hope you liked it anyways.