⸢ 7 ⸥

"We're here."

The owner of the inn said to Eugene who's beside him then he got off the carriage and started to talk to the two guards in front of a gate.

The owner said they were delivering on the palace,is this the palace?

Isn't the palace supposed to have a big gate or something? While thinking like this Eugene looks around the place.

It was like a normal rich mansion.

Just then the owner went back after finishing his conversation with the two guards,the guards then opened the gate and let their carriage in.

When they got inside the owner started to tell him where they were.

"We were only in the palace kitchen that's why it's like this but the palace was much bigger than this."

Eugene was still looking around but still asked.

"So the woman you mentioned that could help me get a job was here?"

And this place was nicer and more spacious than my old apartment in the past. And this was only the palace kitchen!

The carriage then stopped at the front of a door. Eugene gazed at the door when he heard it open.

A woman wearing a maid outfit was standing there.

"This way please."

The maid was guiding them where to put the baskets of fruits.

"The head maid?"

Hearing this statement the woman looked up at the inn owner then at Eugene and went back to the inn owner again.

"Please put the baskets inside. I'll inform the head maid that you're looking for her."

After that the woman immediately left. The owner started to pick up the baskets on the carriage and put it inside,Eugene also helped him.

As both of them were busy,footsteps of horses could be heard. It passed at the gate entrance meaning it was heading towards the palace.

A visitor?

"Some noble families I think."

As if the owner can read his mind,the owner answered his questions. Noble ha.

When the horses can't be heard anymore Eugene went back to carry the baskets to put it inside just then a voice of an old woman can be heard behind them.

"Old man Fin, how are you?"

Eugene stopped what he was doing and turned around to see who it was. The owner also stops and walks towards the old woman.

"Mirvana this was Eugene,I remembered you were looking for a servant and he was looking for a job so maybe you can hire him?"

It was a question, because the owner was not sure if Mirvana would agree or not.

When Mirvana heard him mention Eugene her gaze landed on the guy beside the owner.

She checked him up from head to toe,eyes narrowing like she could also see your soul.

Sweat formed in Eugene's forehead as he was nervous that the old woman wouldn't accept her.

He also diverted his gaze and just looked at his left side.

As he was over thinking things the old woman spoke.

"You can start now.Rosa, guide him and tell him how to do the work here."

Rosa,the woman who told them where to put the basket bow her head then walked towards Eugene after saying,

"I understand, Mr. Eugene, please follow me."

Eugene smiled at the owner before following behind Rosa,he was thanking the owner in his mind. The owner of the inn then started to talk about business with Mirvana when the two walked away.

Rosa then told him and all the details about work while also touring him around in the kitchen palace.

As they were talking Eugene suddenly remembered the carriage from earlier,he was really curious who it was because he wanted to know who's noble it.

"I also don't know anything about it."

Eugene smiled when he heard her answer.

It was already noon when Rosa finished her tour with Eugene.

"Start to work now,there was another delivery of goods. Go to the east wing,put the goods inside if you can't carry it alone, someone asked."

After that she immediately left to do her own work.

Eugene started to walk towards the east wing,he saw the carriage with goods so he immediately worked.

Carrying the box with who-knows what is inside,he put it inside the storage room near him.

As he was carrying and putting all the boxes inside the big box caught his attention.

He went near it and tried to carry the box to know its weight because sometimes boxes are just big but when you carry it it's light and not heavy but this....

"Aishhh"

He wiped his sweat on his forehead with his sleeve then he remembered that Rosa told him,if he needs help he could ask some people inside the kitchen palace.

After remembering it Eugene abandoned the boxes and happily went towards the kitchen.

When he reached the kitchen he took a peek inside it and saw no one.

Disappointed, Eugene still walked inside to check if there was really no one inside.

As he decided to go back and carry the big box on his own his eyes caught a figure.

Eugene's eyes lit up and hurriedly walked towards where the figure was.

When he reached it he saw a guy,his back facing him.

"Amm Sir?"

The guy turned around when he heard a voice and saw a guy who was smiling like crazy,his eyebrows frowned and asking with a cold voice.

"What?"

Eugene didn't mind him being cold at all and still energetically answered the guy.

"Can you help me carry the boxes to put it in the storage room?It was big and heavy so I can't do it myself. Is it ok?"

The guy stared at him for a long time and Eugene just blinked his eyes,innocent.

Narrowing his eyes the guy nodded his head and smiled too,but this smile was different from Eugene and Eugene didn't see it either.

Eugene took the guy's wrist and pulled him towards where the box was.

The guy felt someone touch him and his eyes darkened but he didn't reject it and immediately adjusted his expression.

When the two were already there Eugene told the guy what to do.

The guy then carried the big box and put it inside without a sweat. What a strong guy,such a body but his strength was incredible.

Eugene felt envious after he saw the guy carrying the big box which he can't do. He looked at his muscles and pinched them,why so soft?

It was already five in the afternoon when the two finished. Almost night.

"Thank you for helping."

Hearing this the guy looked at Eugene who was still smiling,his lips curled up and said.

"Welcome."

After that the guy walked away. Eugene didn't bother the guy to stay because he knew it was his own work too.

If he sees he needs help then Eugene will happily lend his own hand.

"Oh wait I forgot to ask his name,aishhh stupid self."