⸢ 14 ⸥

Maybe he could slip away after showing himself or introducing himself? As he was planning to secretly slip away the Emperor reached the seat beside him and his expression instantly vanished.

He raised a glass with a red wine on it and spoke.

"WE WERE WELCOMING THE ONLY PRINCE OF EJEN EMPIRE, CARIELL VON EJELLAN!"

With that Cariell the Prince stood up and also raised the wine glass he was holding and then also said.

"I thank his Majesty."

And with that he drank the wine and then smiled to the crowd,the crowd also followed and drank the wines they were holding.

Cariell then went back to his seat,leaning on his comfortable chair like a lazy cat which made the Emperor's expression filled with disgust by the lack of manners.

The Emperor sat down on the chair beside Cariell and scolded him in a voice that they could only hear.

"Straighten your back,you don't look like a Prince at all. Don't bring your trash attitude here."

But Cariell didn't listen at all, instead he leaned even more lazily on his chair which made the Emperor gritted his teeth in anger.

Just then a noble strode towards them and bowed their head as a sign of respect before speaking.

This man was with his daughter, smiling like a fool. It was obvious what his purpose was.

"His Majesty the Emperor and his Highness the Prince."

The man smiled then signaled his daughter who was standing by his side and the daughter naturally greet too and just repeated and smiled like her father did after that her gaze then locked on the Prince.

The man was a Count on the ranking of nobles,it could be said that even if he was only a Count others don't dare to offend him. After all, they're rich.

"This Young Lady was already on the age to look for a fiancee, am I right?"

The Emperor Marcus asked which made the Count's eyes brighten up by seeing the signal.

The daughter was only 18 and in their Empire 18 could be considered a legal age that could marry a husband. If they weren't a daughter of an aristocrat then there's a possibility that they would marry at the age of 16.

Common people don't have a choice because they only depend on the husband of their daughters. That's why sometimes you're lucky if you catch a big fish in the sea of water.

"Yes,yes. Elisa was now looking for a husband. Does the Emperor recommend someone?"

Then glance at Cariell who was quietly listening to their discussion, he wasn't even uncomfortable under Elisa's gaze.

He was already used to it so why bother? Whenever he got bullied in the past he was always gaze upon by others, even if it's one,two or more he doesn't care anymore.

The Count and the Emperor happily chat to each other and Elisa then walks towards Cariell.

She was about to open her mouth to speak when Cariell cut her off.

"I don't want a wife."

Cariell casually said as he stirred the wine on his glass.

It was 'I don't want' and not 'I don't need'. Because if he told he didn't need the Emperor would still push a wife for him to marry but if he said he didn't want then the Emperor could still push him to marry but he can't tell him he needs a wife.

Elisa was taken aback and the words that had been cut were stuck on her throat which made her choke slightly.

She coughed, then after a while she smiled and said.

"Your Highness I haven't even said anything and yet you already blocked me before crossing the road." (A/N:Like Cariell rejected her without waiting for her to say it.)

However Cariell didn't pay attention to her anymore and just stared at his wine quietly while stirring it.

Elisa's face flushed in embarrassment and told her goodbye then walked away. The Count and the Emperor saw this so the Counts bid his goodbye too and followed her daughter.

Emperor Marcus went mad and immediately scolded his son by telling that he didn't even appreciate other people's feelings.

Cariell, who was being scolded, couldn't help it anymore and fought back.

"I'm your son so naturally I inherited your rude and cold attitude. Telling me to care about someone else's feelings?Hah don't joke around you were even worse than me."

After that he stood up,drank all the wine on his glass then left after putting the glass on the table.

The hall's temperature went cold and the guests shiver,they turned their gazes towards the Emperor who was emitting a killing intent which made them look away.

I didn't see anything, I didn't hear anything. They convinced themselves to ignore it and continued to chat and laugh together but they were still on guard.

What if the Emperor ordered all his royal guards to kill them so that today's incident won't spread outside? He doesn't want to lose face, especially in front of many people.

They couldn't help but complain in their hearts.

That bastard Prince,he kept provoking the Emperor then would run away. If they died or something happened to them because of this incident they wouldn't think twice to beat that bastard to death.

The welcome banquet that was supposed to be a happy occasion became a freezer.

And the bastard Prince,Cariell was now humming a sound he heard from the youth he knew. His bad mood about the marriage thing was washed away as he slipped away completely and now he was looking for the youth to bother him.

As he was thinking how to talk with the youth he suddenly stopped. He gazed at his clothes and thought.

If I wore this in front of him my servant status would be ruined,I need to change.

With this thought Cariell then changed his direction to go towards his carriage and go back to his palace to change the clothes he was wearing.