⸢ 37 ⸥

Since that day the annoying big bug named Cariell still kept pursuing Eins. He also had help from his friend Linus who he just saw again about the methods he could do.

Like giving flowers everyday, some small gifts he could afford and also accompanied the other,if he could take a sleep and bath with the youth then why don't he just live with the other?After all he was sticky almost 24/7 and he finally shooed the General away which made him celebrate with joy.

But he still couldn't get the youths heart and Eins couldn't tolerate the courting anymore.

"I am aware of your Highness' feelings for me but I could only reject you as I already had a lover myself."

The light on Cariell's eyes dimmed. He was actually rejected. He was at a loss. How could that be?Was his status not enough?The flowers?The gift?

Cariell was left standing alone in the hallway and only woke up from his daze when he noticed that he was already lying on his bed.

Recalling what happened he gritted his teeth in annoyance. What's with the General that he didn't have?

When this question slipped on his mind Cariell gazed around his bedroom. He forgot,he only had the title but not the status itself.

Then what should I do to prove my strength to him?A fight?

"General......general!!"

A soldier burst out from outside the door and ran towards the General,Sean already looked over since he heard the shout.

"What?"

The soldier took a breath for a moment then said.

"His Highness wants to talk to you!H-he was making a pit and kept yelling that he wanted to challenge you."

Sean stood up from his seat then went outside. He then saw some of the soldiers was holding the arm of the Prince while the Prince still struggled.

When the Prince noticed him the Prince shouted.

"Can you stop your people?"

Sean signaled with his eyes and the soldiers who were holding the Prince immediately let go of him.

He tidied his clothes first before he said his purpose.

"I want to challenge you to a sword. The condition was simple.If I win,you won't talk and see Eins again but if you win then I will finally give up."

"Oh,so the bug still had an idea on my lover?Did you really think you would win against me?"

"You say so many things.Let's just fight."

Sean let out a low laugh and took the sword that the soldier beside him gave. Even if you're a Prince you're still a bug that keeps buzzing here and there.

My patience wasn't good from the start but I keep making it longer for you. How could his Majesty have a son like this?If he didn't know he would think this person in front of him was adopted.

Cariell also took the sword that was given to him and positioned himself for the fight.

He learned to fight in the academy, unfortunately the one he was fighting for was out of his league.

The soldiers ridiculed him in their minds. How could a Prince win against the General who already took so much life and tasted blood?Unless the General let him then it was impossible.

Cariell attacked first,swinging his swords towards Sean then Sean blocked it. He repeatedly swung the sword on his hands but Sean perfectly blocked his attack.

He stepped backward and then launched an attack,the sword was overpowered by the other. It happened so fast that Cariell only saw that he lost the fight.

The tip of the sharp blade was pointed on his throat one wrong move and he'll be gone on this world.

His back was sweating cold. His legs turned into jelly that he slumped on the ground,his body was shaking.He gulped,his heart was like a rabbit that kept jumping in his chest and would suddenly come out. The fear of death could be seen in his eyes.

Sean removed the sword that was pointed at him but he still couldn't forget the feeling of someone who was near to death.

If he still attacked at that time then his life would really be gone.

"Get lost."

The soldiers and Sean then went inside and Cariell was left alone.

He couldn't accept his defeat,muttering in his heart that he'll be back.

After he got back to his palace with difficulty he went straight towards his bedroom and lay on the bed.

Linus who heard the news immediately visited his seeking death friend and once he saw him he scolded the other like how a parent would scold his child if he did something wrong.

Cariell didn't listen and just stared at the ceiling, the words Linus was saying went in his right ear then went out on his left. In short he wasn't paying attention until he heard Linus question.

"What did you even like about that guy that you seek death like this?Was it the personality? Which was gentle and kind?Or was it the face?Tell me honestly"

Cariell tried to find a reason for him to do this kind of action.His face became expressionless.

"What?"

Cariell still didn't talk thus Linus continued.

"Is it because he was kind to you?That you've done something like this?Riel,not all kind people should be like. After all, you still didn't know the real him. Like a clamp,you could only see the outside but the inside wasn't.Think about it."

Linus suddenly regrets helping his friend to pursue the other party. If he knew this would happen then he might have pulled Cariell away from that demon.

He also saw how that demon treated his friend,it was good like how someone would treat a stranger. Polite and humble. He didn't say anything to Cariell about it before because he wanted Cariell to know and discover it himself and he regretted not saying anything.

After all the other party was the one his friend liked,as a friend no matter who it was he would support him.

"Was it really 'like' or was it jealousy?"

After all he saw it before,how someone like Cariell since childhood craved the word 'love'. He just didn't say anything.

How could a Prince of an Empire who was defeated compared to him?They were both Princes but the other was bathed in warmth while the other was thrown into the cold.

Cariell think on Linus question and the more he thought about it ,the hatred the was planted on his heart sprouted.

So it was actually like that!

Then he should kill that person. What should he do if the other seduces him again?Cariell felt like the other was an incubus and he was the victim. He was hooked by its charm,kept walking forward which almost sent his life to hell.