⸢ 47 ⸥

The sun replaced the moon above the sky. Eugene sat from his bed and just dazed there.

Thinking of what happened last night,he didn't even know how he went back to his room. He only remembered the others' eyes that looked like he was about to cry after hearing his answer.

Knock.Knock.

"Eugene you awake?"

Eugene went back to reality when he heard a voice outside. He quickly stood up from his bed,not bothering to tidy himself up as he immediately opened the door and saw Rosa.

Seeing the dark circles on the youths' eyes she now somehow understands what happened when he noticed the two were missing last night at the ball.

But to know it more clearly she still asked.

"What happened to you?"

Eugene gestures his hand to let Rosa come in. He stepaside and Rosa immediately went inside the room. Eugene closed the door then told Rosa to sit down.

"What is it that you stayed up late at night to look like that?"

Eugene wanted to let out all the complicated feelings in his heart and Rosa in a right time showed up that's why he wouldn't waste this opportunity to have someone to talk with.

Just like what they said,people who weren't experiencing your problems or situation could give you some advice because they had a clear mind view. But of course it's still up to you to decide if you'll listen to them and do what they told you. After all, not all people you know who gave you advice had a good intention, sometimes it was even better to talk and ask a stranger than a person you know.

After Eugene sat back down on the bed he told Rosa everything that happened last night and what he felt. Rosa finally understood everything.

“And then?”

“That’s all.”

She then gazed at Eugene’s face then thought. So,why is it that the one who rejects is the one who looks miserable?Eye bags,his clothes were still the clothes he was wearing last night and those eyes that look like they cried all night. If anyone who saw this didn’t know the truth they might think Eugene’s the one who was rejected instead.

“I’m just curious,why did you even reject him and now you’re feeling guilty about that?”

He shook his head,looked down on the ground and spoke in a volume of mosquitoes.

“I just don’t want to hurt him.”

“From the moment you rejected him you already hurt him.Why didn't you even give him a chance?To prove his love to you?"

Eugene took a breath for a moment then said.

“If I tell you,you won’t believe me.”

“You haven’t told me the reason yet so how could you know if I’ll believe it or not?”

Rosa saw Eugene shook his head again and couldn't help but sigh.

"No matter what reasons you have, just give his Highness a chance.What if he really loves you?Is that reason of yours enough to lose this opportunity in front of you? Don't be afraid to take a risk,what if that reason of yours was just you overthinking things?Besides,his Highness asks to pursue you.At that stage you have time to think about if that reason of yours was worth it and if yes then that's when you could reject him completely."

Rosa suddenly felt like she was some kind of a love expert at this moment.Anyways, it's still up to Eugene so she could only say,

"Well it's still up to you though. I'll be leaving and won't bother you anymore Young Master."

She stood up and went towards the door and said something before leaving that room.

"I'll tell Ms.Mirvana to give you a day off today so you could think about it."

And Eugene was really left alone in his room, thinking about what Rosa told him.

Creak.

A sound of opening door was heard as De An took a peek inside the room and saw his Highness still sleeping at the moment. He stepped inside,closed the door then went towards the Prince and woke the other up.

"Your Highness, it's already late, you should wake up."

But the man on the bed just turned his back on him and even put the pillow on his head to block the noise.

Seeing this, De An sighs and could only try to use this kind of method to make the other up.

"Young Master Eugene wants to see you."

His words just finished when Riel immediately sat up from the bed.

"Really?"

The capable butler was dumbfounded. He didn't expect this method would actually work. So he could only lie with a straight face.

"Yes,but after knowing your Highness was still asleep he left."

Riel stood up on his bed,the quilt on his body slid down revealing his half body naked.

De An prepared the clothes for him as Riel cleaned himself first. Since he already revealed his identity he didn't need to wear those uncomfortable clothes anymore.

Moments later,Riel was standing in front of the body size mirror as he buttoned up his clothes until they covered up his body and the collarbone was the only thing that could be seen. He adjusted the sleeve on his arms then combed his hair.

After doing all of this, that's when he decided to get out of his bedroom.

As he took a step outside and walked there were people following him,these were the servants De An prepared in case his Highness might need them.

"Did he eaten yet?"

"No,your Highness."

De An even let someone monitor the youth so his Highness wouldn't get worried that much.

"Someone,go to the kitchen and get breakfast. Be quick."

When the servants heard this command some of them already move and walk quickly towards where the kitchen is.