⸢ 24 ⸥

As soon as the sun went out,Sean also went out and walked towards where the Kiln palace was,holding a pile of papers.

He had a serious expression on his face that even the Knights who wanted to greet him backed out and didn't dare to do it.

So early in the morning and the General was this mad.

But Sean obviously didn't notice this behavior of them as he was focused on continuing his way towards his destination.

Last night,as he kept his people to investigate the youth's background he kept getting the same result he even tried to let different people to do it and the result that was coming back was all the same.

Wasn't this a fixed information? So that he wouldn't get suspected as a spy?If Eugene discovered what he was thinking he probably had an awkward smile on his face while saying the General was thinking too much.

The more Sean thought about it the more he thought he was right.

Half an hour of walking had passed and he was now standing in front of Eins bedroom door.

He knocked thrice and only opened the door when he heard the words 'come in'.

"Good morning General Sean."

Eins saw who it was and immediately smiled and greeted the other and because of this,the upset emotion on Sean's heart was washed away.

"May I invite the Prince for a tea outside?"

Eins stood up from his seat and asked.

"It's my honor for that but may I ask why outside?"

"Fresh air."

Eins nodded and the two immediately went outside but before completely leaving Sean instructed a maid to bring them breakfast.

The two went to the garden,the same garden where Eins and Eugene first met.

But they continue to walk and just stop when they reach the middle. 

In the middle was the dry fountain and beside it was a set of four chairs and one table.

If the garden was full of blooming flowers then the scene of eating while chatting in the garden was good but it wasn't.

The garden was still like before,had withered plants and more weeds. Seeing this Sean scolded in his heart how could the youth be irresponsible on his job.

He dusted off the chair then let Eins sit there and also did the same for his own.

"So what does General Sean want to talk about?"

He smiled at the man sitting in front of him. Eins wasn't a fool. He knew the other had something serious to talk about with him,early in the morning and this man invited him to chat. What could it be other than a serious matter?Plus the pile of paper the other was holding. He was just confused why they would chat about it here,in an open area instead of inside his room.

Sean didn't beat around the bush anymore and just straightforwardly said what he wanted.

"Here"

He put the stack of papers he was holding. Eins calmly picked it up,as he read it more his brows also started to frown.

On the paper was a personal information of Eugene.

Name: Eugene Riley

Age: 22

Birthday: 0303

He was actually older than him.

No parents anymore and such,on the other papers was what Eugene did before getting inside the palace as a servant. It says that he came from a mountain.

Eins couldn't keep reading it anymore and immediately put it down. He didn't understand why Sean would investigate an ordinary person and even the food the other had eaten since coming down that mountain wasn't spared.

He rubs his aching temple then asks.

"Why did you investigate him?"

Hearing a somewhat suppressed anger on the other's voice made Sean frowned.

"Don't you get it?He comes from the mountain."

"So?"

"He was a spy."

Eins eyes widened and his jaw almost dropped, staring at the General in front of him.

This….spy?How could Eugene become a spy?Just because he came from the mountain? Well even if he's a spy it doesn't have anything to do with him. After all this wasn't his territory at all. So even if this place was burned to ashes he didn't care.

His voice was cold and so was his expression as he said.

"General Sean Han,how did you come with that conclusion of yours?You don't have evidence and besides, why are you even bothering to tell me this when I was only a hostage in this place?"

Because I want you to stay away from him. Sean was naturally a smart person,after all he became a General at such an age but facing the person he likes was about to be snatched away by someone his brain stopped functioning properly.

"Then I will prove it to you. And you weren't a hostage,you were only here to represent your country."

Wasn't it just the same?But Eins didn't say this and just looked at the other.

Sean stood up from his seat,said his goodbye to the other and walked away to carry out his plan,didn't even bother to take the paper he was holding earlier with him.

Eins emotion was kinda complicated, he couldn't understand what the other party wanted him to see as the message he could get was the other wanted him to stay away from Eugene,but why?

"So…..what are you doing again?"

"Shushh!"

Eugene immediately made Riel,who was crouching with him while hiding in some nearby tree to quiet down.

He was about to start his gardening work and of course this person as usual popped out again when they discovered that the ML and MC was having a date in the middle of the garden!

That's why he pulled Riel and hid at the nearby tree,watching from the side.

But he couldn't hear what they were talking about as his position was far. 

He asked if Riel could read lips and the other just stared at his mouth which was opening and closing as he spoke and thought to himself, was he asking if he wanted me to read his lips or not?But instead of reading it,it would be better if I took a taste.