⸢ 28 ⸥

"When Cinderella finally escaped and came back to their mansion,all the things the fairy godmother had magic was back to what it was before except for the other pair of the glass shoes. Then the next day many Knights announced and visited all the girls in the country and to find the owner of the shoe they let all the girls wear it until they reached the Duke's mansion and this time the Prince personally went to check it on his own. Early in the morning the devi- I mean stepmom visited Cinderella's bedroom in the attic and when Cinderella came back to get the other pair of the shoes to prove her identity she saw her stepmom. The stepmom then broke it in front of her then locked Cinderella in the room."

He licked his lips to moist it because it became dry from speaking too much then he continued.

"Then Cinderella started to sing,because of this the Prince noticed that there was someone who still hadn't tried to fit the shoe and according to its voice it was a woman so the Prince asked the stepmom who it was but the stepmom said she was nothing and it was a guy. The Prince didn't believe her and went towards where the voice came from to check it himself,after one of the Knights with the Prince unlocked the door the singing Cinderella was seen. After that he let Cinderella try fitting the shoe(?)and when the Prince saw that it fitted perfectly he then hugged Cinderella and asked if she wanted the two of them to marry and that's it,the two married each other and lived happily ever after."

After Eugene's story telling Riel pondered for a moment then spoke.

"What kind of nonsense was that?The shoes could only fit on her feet?I mean,I accept the fairy godmother but what about the size?It is magic too?Or does that mean she was the only one who had that kind of size in feet?There were many women in their place so how could that be possible? Just me,my feet size was the same as everyone who had the same height as me."

Scratching his cheek he answered.

"How should I know?I'm not the one who made that and that's not the main point!The point is……."

Ah?What lesson did he learn from Cinderella's story?He tried to recall the story in his mind for a moment then finally said.

"The main point was,kindness will be rewarded and selfishness isn't."

That's right,because Cinderella was so kind to tolerate how her step family treated her she then became happy in the end after meeting the Prince.

Riel wanted to refute,because for him not all kindness will be rewarded, sometimes being so kind could even lead you to danger. You need to be selfish while being kind,the two must be balanced so something wouldn't happen to you.

But he chose not to and just said instead.

"What about another story?"

Eugene thought for a moment and then chose 'The Little Mermaid'.

"Then I'll tell you another one,this time it was 'The Little Mermaid'. In the deepest part of the sea a place where half human and fish was living and they were called mermaids. Ariel,the princess of the mermaids was swimming towards the sea surface when she suddenly bumped into a ship. As she was curious because it was her first time seeing a thing moving on the sea surface she followed the ship and just then the Prince went out the ship cabin to sight see which made Ariel to see him and fall in love at first sigh-"

"What's the Prince's name?"

Eugene shrugged his shoulders, expressing he didn't know then continued after.

"After that day Ariel started to follow the Prince's ship. The Prince encountered a storm while sailing in the middle of the sea thus the ship broke down and Ariel,who was always watching from afar saved the Prince for not being drowned to death. The Prince awakened when he heard Ariel's singing voice(wrong or not?)but Ariel didn't want the Prince to see her being a mermaid so she quickly swam away."

Riel lay on the ground,his both hands on his head to use as a pillow as he stared at the blue sky and the white clouds that look like cotton while listening to Eugene's voice.

"Ariel told this matter to her father,Triton but instead of supporting her love Triton forbade her to go on the dry land. As a rebellious girl she then looks for a new way and manages to find the evil sea witch,Ursula. The two made a deal,Ariel could have a leg and do what she wants on the dry land to make the Prince fall for her in just three days the price she need to pay was her voice so Ariel immediately agre-"

"Stupid"

……..

The atmosphere became silent,even the blow of the wind could be heard.

Riel came back to his senses when he couldn't hear Eugene's voice anymore, becoming aware that he spoke out loud he awkwardly let out a cough then whispered.

"Continue"

Eugene stared at the other,he was speechless 

"So Ariel finally had legs,when she reached the dry land she practiced walking first using her legs and after how long she practiced she finally could walk properly. Then someone saw her and delivered her to the Prince. After that she tried everything to make the Prince fall in love with her in three days without saying and just acted it all out. Then the final day came,Ursula didn't want Ariel to succeed, thus she disguised herself and used Ariel's voice to hypnotize the Prince and marry her. When Ariel found out she tried to stop it and she succeeded,her voice was back. The Prince went back to normal and saw Ariel became a mermaid. After all that happened Ariel was sitting on a stone,gazing at the Prince at that moment her father showed up,his heart was depressed seeing her daughter's sad expression so he fulfilled her wish and by just the wave of his trident Ariel's tail became legs again,dress in white she walk ashore and hug the Prince and the two married each other and live happily ever after."

Eugene looked at the guy beside him after he finished his story,waiting for his reaction and Riel didn't disappoint him.

Riel turned his head and met Eugene's eyes,he spoke slowly.

"By sacrificing her tail for love,she receives her happy ending.One is able to achieve true happiness and acceptance by undergoing extreme change for the one they love."

And that was true,because he himself was also starting to change because of that word 'love'. He hated it before but now he was ready to sacrifice everything for it.