⸢ 70 ⸥

"Father, I brought Eugene."

Linus said as he walked inside the room, holding an unconscious youth in his arms.

"Good. Put him in th-"

Cough.Cough

The butler immediately went to rub Lynn's back while he signaled the maid standing at the side to get the medicine.

"I'll just put him in my bed."

"Linus!In the prison!"

Linus sucked a cold breath as he stared at the back of Father, his eyes widened as if he couldn't believe what the other said.

"But you said you won't do anything to him! Why would I put him in there?!"

He shouted then took a deep breath to calm himself. Linus looked down at the youth in his arms.

His Father told him that Eugene was part of their plan, to lure the Prince out and deliver himself into their door as they can't kill him while they don't even know where they are, and he agreed under the condition that nothing will happen to the youth.

After all, in a short period of time the other was really a friend to him. He was innocent, he didn't know anything about what's really happening inside the Palace so he chose not to involve the youth but his Father said they needed him to start the plan.

How could Linus fight against his Father's order? So, hypocritical or not, he did this and wished nothing bad would happen while he was in his arms. Unfortunately, his Father was still the same as before.

"Take the youth away and put him in the underground prison as for Linus, locked him up in his bedroom."

The men under the Archduke move and immediately go to separate the two but how could Linus let them do that?

He hugged the youth and planned to run away but before he could do that he was already surrounded and was even pinned down at the ground. Eugene was then put at a man's shoulder, being carried like a sack of rice.

"Get lost!Let me go!Father!How could you do this!This isn't what you told me!"

Then a laugh was heard which stunned the flailing Linus.

"Ahhh my son, still naive as ever. How did I even teach a son like you? For you to get the things you want you need to do anything, even hurting people's feelings just so you could succeed. This is what you I've taught you since you were a child, how could you grow up like this?"

Then another cough before continuing his words.

"How could I give you the throne if you're like this?"

The throne?I don't need it! Who would want that? All my life I live the way you want, even hurting the only friend I have and also the person he loved.

Linus lost the power to resist anymore and let his Father's men drag him towards his bedroom. He was put in the bed then they left him there, and didn't forget to lock the door like what the Archduke commanded.

As for Lynn, he told his Butler to push him towards the prison where Marius, Cole and De An was detained.

He saw them, sitting at the ground while leaning at the wall. Marius looked like he was sleeping while Cole was keeping guard to wake him up in case something happened. De An at the side was in a daze.

Cole noticed the coming Archduke so he shook Marius' shoulder a little to wake him up.

"Your Majesty, the Archduke is here."

He whispered, the closed eyes opened, then it immediately gazed at the silhouette of the person in the front.

The sound of the wheelchair stopped in front of them, Lynn was looking down at the Emperor he caught. He mockingly smiled.