⸢ 49 ⸥

"So what's your work for today?"

The two sat on the chair while facing each other and ate together the breakfast that Riel brought over.

After his delighted mood subsided,even though he was reluctant he still put Eugene down so they wouldn't skip breakfast. This was the important meal of the day as it gave you energy to survive the rest of the day.

"Rosa said I was given a day off today."

If he didn't have any work what should he do?How would he spend the rest of his time today when the entertainment in this era was still lacking. Should he go to the library again?And read books?

"Then what about you go with me?"

"Where?"

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Here."

Eugene looked around the room,this was Riel's study room. He didn't have any idea why the other brought him here. As he was about to ask,he was pulled by the other party and let him sit on the sofa.

"What am I gonna do here?"

He was confused as he saw De An put a tray of food in front of him then left the room and Riel sat on his own chair facing the high mountains of paper on the table in front of him.

"Motivation."

A what? Eugene wanted to ask what he meant when he saw Riel seriously look down at the paper he was holding so he shut his mouth and didn't speak. Afraid of disturbing the other.

De An went back and placed some books on the table then left again.

He gazed at those books then on the tray of food then at the man who was seriously working and immediately understood. So,he was brought here to pass the time with him. Thus,he chose one book,opened it and started to read.

Even without talking to each other the atmosphere in the study room was harmonious. Riel peered at the youth seated on the sofa from time to time as if to make sure the youth was with him and it wasn't an illusion at all.

Then put his gaze back on the paper. The paper contains the information he investigated before but it was still not enough.

He investigated the sudden war between the two Empires and the result wasn't good. It was incomplete,until now in this life he didn't know what kind of trigger the North faced as they attacked them.

He even sent someone to investigate Eins and command someone to monitor his actions,even the General was the same.

He remembered before he lost his life,the shocked expression of the two people and it was impossible for Sean to stab him as he was far away from him. So,who killed him before?

Kinda frustrated,he peeks at the youth again and his mood immediately improves thus he continues his work. Put aside the papers and read the others.

The first was about the approval of giving funds for the knights and soldiers. Even though the rumors say his Father didn't like him, after a week he got back from the Academy,the Emperor gave him some power to hold for the training of being an heir. So,his signature already holds big things. Since he live again he now discover many things that he didn't knew before and his view became different.

The sound of the flipping pages and scratch of the pen on the paper is the only thing you could hear inside the room.

Riel planned to finish everything today so tomorrow he could accompany Eugene on his work and spend time with him.

Every time his brows furrow he will raise his head then go back to work. This happens so many times that Eugene felt nervous every time he felt the other was staring at him.

If you have anything to say then say it. Stop peeking at me ok?

He wanted to ask if he needed something from him but he didn't dare to open his mouth and just sat there stiffly,even the book pages didn't change after a long time.

"Eugene."

Eugene looked up and waited for the next sentence.

"Eugene."

He raised his eyebrows, what's with this villain again.

"Eugene."

"What?"

Riel smiled like a fool and said 'Nothing' before continuing his work. And this scenario repeated many times until lunch break.

"Your Highness and Young Master,I brought lunch please eat first before doing other things."

After arranging the table,De An quickly left the room as he didn't want to have a toothache.

Riel stood up from his seat then sat beside Eugene's. He picked up the spoon and fork and put some food on the other's plate before putting some on his own.

"You should eat the chicken with the sauce so it would taste good and this….."

He talked about this and that,the rule of 'Dont talk when your mouth is full' wasn't applied as he kept speaking. And Eugene responded from time to time also reminding the other to eat.

Finishing the pile of food the man put on his plate, Eugene picked up the glass of juice and drank it all.

The sweet taste of the orange juice linger on his mouth. He smack his lips to express his satisfaction.

Seeing the bulging belly,Riel stretch his hand and poke it. When his finger sank and he felt the soft skin, the corner of his mouth lifted up. Then to help the other to digest he rub it lightly.

Eugene lazily leaned on the couch and let out a yawn while the other rubbed his belly,it felt good. Then he felt the man's arm around his waist,the sleepiness he had was suddenly gone as he turned his head to look at the other.

Riel blinked his eyes,looking innocent.