⸢ 58 ⸥

[ After Cariell gave Sean a pile of paper/Chap29 ]

Sean went back to his study room, sat down on the chair then let all the servants and soldiers know that if it wasn't important don't bother him.

Then he started reading the paper. As he was reading the first page he thought it was the proof of Eugene not being a spy but it wasn't like that at all.

The first paper contains Eins information, including his background just the same as the result he had when he investigated the other butthat wasn't the end.

On the second one, is how Eins family treats him. According to him, the treatment was bad which made the General frowned. The spy he planted on the North haven't said anything yet or said any new information yet.

Why did he planted a spy? Because he didn't believe the North would wholeheartedly surrender, maybe they're just waiting for the right time to give them a surprise.

And now he discovered this, Sean suddenly wanted to go to the border again and slay those North imperial families.

After reading the second paper, he continued to the next one. It contains the background of Eins mother.

The mother was a Princess, it says that she studied being a Doctor and became an apprentice. Her hobby was making medicine but here, she also experiments about different kinds of poison that just a little amount would kill a human.

She even made a request that every snake that looked poisonous could be sent to her in exchange for money.

He changed the page again, here the information made Sean shocked but his expression was still calm.

The Princess, Sarah, was said to have gotten pregnant by an unknown man and that child was Eins. It was put on the paper how the Princess was abandoned as it was said she ruined the imperial family's reputation for being pregnant without marriage.

Sean continued to read all the paper and the shock he had earlier was just the appetizer.

That day, the Prince of the South visited the North Empire with his people. Trying to negotiate for help, the North will let him borrow 100,000 soldiers for him to get the throne in exchange for giving them a part of the farmland as the South were rich in agriculture.
What was even more shocking was, because the North ignored the Prince of the South he vented his emotion towards the Princess and went away after leaving his seed.

And this was said to be the reason why after preparing for strategy in 20 years they attacked the South Empire.

Which means the sudden surrender was a trap and they planned more than that.

However, that wasn't the end. It was said that Eins was also the South Prince so they sent him, not for peace but for Eins to retrieve what he should have. And revenge to ruin the current imperial family to replace them.

The North commanded him this and let Eins believe he was really the son of the South Emperor and thinking that the family will accept him and his mother back after sitting on the throne, he obeyed.

That's why he was here, to ruin the whole Ejen Empire.

This means Eins and Cariell were siblings? How could that be?

If this came from him then his Highness already knew about this. Just how powerful he is that he could make the past exposed in front of him? But it says here it was only a possibility. And in the last part, a further investigation was happening to confirm things.

Sean put down the last piece of paper on the table and stared at it in a daze.

His heart felt complicated, one was the person who gave him hope and the other was the person he loved. He took a deep breath, tapped his finger on the table and a man went inside. He then spoke.

"Check this paper, if it's true investigate the rest and if not then just let it be. Also, contact the person I left in the North and ask him to check the woman in this paper. Then check this place and clean it up if you find any garbage hidden. Kill it."

The man answered.

"Understood."

Before he vanished.

Sean sat there for a while then stood up.

His feet were leading him towards the Kiln palace.

And the moment Eins opened the door of his room, he already had a decision in his heart.

The young man in front of him had a smile on his face and greeted him with it.

"Sean!"

He suddenly couldn't imagine how this harmless look could ruin the current imperial family. He didn't want to hurt the person he loved but he can't run away from his responsibility. He also can't let the other escape, what if he comes back with a more dangerous plan?

So, Sean's eyes darkened.

I'll just lock him up so no one will hurt him and he won't hurt someone. If Eugene needs love he could give it all, if he wants money he could also give it. Let him do what he wants under his eyes but ruining the Empire can't be done.

He closed his eyes and said with a low voice.

"Seize him."

Eins eyes widened as the soldiers put his arms in the back and pushed him to go outside. While pulling, his head turned as he look at Sean and saw the coldness on his eyes.

He shivered. He had a big question mark in his heart why would Sean treat him like this.

But when he was pushed inside a room which looked like the General's bedroom, Sean followed behind him who closed the door after all the soldiers went out.

The two were left alone, Eins opened his mouth to ask but Sean cut him off.

"Just stay here with me and don't go outside ok?"

The man kneel his right knee on the ground while the other wasn't, like how a Knight says his oath in front of his master.

He touched the young man's face and said slowly.

"Just be with me ok? Don't worry I'll give you anything you want as long as you won't go outside."

Eins had a confused look, the man kissed his forehead then stood up. He went out for a moment and came back with a pile of paper.

Sean gave it to the other and Eins accepted it.

He looked down and read what's on it which made his face distorted.

Eins stood up from the bed and threw the papers on the General's face.

He gritted his teeth and shouted.

"So what if I want to ruin this Empire?!I just want to get back the things I should have. And you! I DON'T LIKE YOU! I'M JUST BEING KIND SO YOU WON'T SUSPECTED ME!"

The man's face darkened as he looked at the young man. Trying to making him stop saying this things.

"Eugene is the one I like and after I get the throne I will marry him."

He strode towards the door and Sean let him smash and shout all he want.

"LET ME OUT OF HERE! LET ME OUT!"

Eins turned his head, and said something which made Sean annoyed and chopped his nape.

Catching the body that was about to fall, he carried it towards the bed. Lay it down and kiss that lips while muttering like a madman.

"You're mine. Mine and don't even think about escaping."