⸢ 71 ⸥

*Moments ago*

"Captain. Captain!"

One Knight kept shouting while running through the hallway. Cole, who was reading something got alarmed.

He stood up to meet the person calling him and asked.

"What is it? Is something the matter?"

The Knight took a breath first before speaking with urgency.

"The second and third Prince's men were marching out."

Cole frowned, what does this have to do with him?

"So? Why do I need to know about that?"

"According to some of our men, after calculating it the path they were taking were towards the place his Highness Marius was staying.

Hearing that Cole's face darkened.

"Prepare for five minutes, we need to get there before them."

The Knight saluted before rushing out to convey his order. Cole went back inside, he picked up all the things he needed, put it on a bag before tying it. He doesn't have any more time to waste as his pace became fast.

Reaching the gate of his mansion, Cole sat on the horse prepared for him.

"If we haven't got back after 24 hours send a backup."

He said to one of his people before he signaled his men to go. The gate opened, Cole went first to lead his men, followed by 100 people.

Trees sway with the wind, the sound of the chickens could be heard.

Carmella slowly pulled the thread then stabbed it again in the cloth she was holding. She was currently kneading a cloth for her baby, the gender wasn't known yet but it wasn't a problem at all as she happily made many clothes. For a girl and a boy.

Knock.Knock.

She raised her head to look at the door after hearing someone knock the thought, it's impossible to be his husband.

Because if it was him he would just open the door and don't bother to knock at all, after all this was their house.

But despite not knowing who it was and the possible danger, Carmella put down the things on her hands then stood up to open the door.

As she was about to open it she heard a shout.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!FIRE! THERE'S FIRE!!”

It was chaotic, with so many footsteps running here and there.

Suddenly, she felt hot. Carmella thought it was because of the weather and she was wearing too much clothes thus she didn't bother to think deeply as she finally opened the door.

What she saw were what she heard, fear flashed in her eyes.

“SHE'S ALIVE! SAVE HER SAVE HER!!”

But no one comes forward. The way outside was a sea of fire, and she was standing there. Tears rolled down her cheeks, her baby wasn't even born yet to see the world.

She looked at her tummy, touched it with a smile on face and whispered.

“Don't worry, mommy won't let you die here.”

Taking a deep breath, wiped her tears, she looked at the front then she started to run for her and her son's life.

Even though it's hard, it's heavy, it's difficult, she still insists on running.

But her speed was slow, she hadn't reached the middle when the fire almost burned her face. Carmella stopped to look down at her feet. Then she thought of an idea.

The hardness of the ground made her hands get tiny cuts, she used her hands and feet to move forward, walking like a dog.

But the fire didn't want her to escape, it tried to stop her by trying to burn her face.

Her visions started to become blurry as tears started to come out again.

The road she was looking at was slowly being blocked by the fire.

It hurts for her how the child won't see the beauty.

Marius, Marius my love, is this goodbye?

I tried, I tried to save myself, ourselves, but, but seems like fate doesn't want me too. It was fate who don't want us to be happy.

I don't even have a chance to see your face one last time?

Carmella slumped on the floor, she put her hands on her face as she sobbed quietly.

She wanted to run to save herself, but she couldn't. She wanted to crawl to get out, but she couldn't. Her sobbed even got louder when she felt the pain in her stomach.

Why……..I don't understand….

“Ahhhhhhhh!!”

She kept shouting in pain, holding her stomach. The fire around her was slowly getting closer when a cry of a child was heard.

Carmella looked at the child that came out from her stomach, her hands started to tremble as she picked the crying baby and hugged him, yes him, it was a boy.

She hold the baby and hide him on her body, to shield him from the incoming death. Because what if, what if someone comes over to save them?At least, if she couldn't survive then her baby was safe.

“Captain!!Captain!!!!The house is burning! The HOUSE IS BURNING!!”

Cole quickly makes his horse run fast. The horse knew what his master wanted so it immediately ran towards the direction his master wanted.

Smokes in the air was seen. Cole’s heart beat fast from a bad feeling. Please, please don't be what I think it is…..

As he was near the location, he saw the house's front yard was burning.

“YOUR HIGHNESS!!YOUR HIGHNESS WIFE!!”

He shouted as he quickly ran towards it, shoving the people who were blocking his way.

He was about to go inside when someone grabbed him.

“Don't! You might die!”

But who cares about him dying? Thus he pulled his arm away and run to the fire without hesitation. It wasn't that dangerous anymore as it was slowly fading without being fuel by things it could burn.

“Follow the captain.”

Some Knights he brought with him followed him to the fire, while the others went towards the villagers houses forcefully to get buckets of water.

The future Rulers were inside that danger, they needed to save them.

“YOUR HIGHNESS?!”

Cole saw a shadow thus he went towards it. Seeing it was the Prince's wife, he immediately moved it to carry her when the body was flipped and what he saw made his eyes widened in shock but he quickly calmed himself down and picked up the woman. One Knight who followed him then carried the sleeping baby.

After getting out, they heard a voice with a sign of being scared.

“CARMELLA!”

The Captain turned his head to look where the voice came from and saw it was the Prince.

Marius, who just came back, ran towards his wife. He took him from Cole’s embrace and hugged her himself. The beautiful face had signs of being burned, the soft hands had cuts and dry blood.

He took a deep breath, trying his best to calm himself as he slowly put his hands under her nose.

None, there's none.