⸢ 12 ⸥

It took Eugene almost an hour to reach the kitchen,every building in the palace was far away from each other. For you to travel just in a minute,you need to ride a carriage.

When Eugene got to the kitchen there was no chef around but servants who were holding trays of food were inside and went out following each other's tail.

He looked at them curiously. How many people would eat?It's like you were having an occasion. With this conjecture Eugene remembered the scene he saw earlier,where servants and maids were also busy going in and out.

Seeing them not paying any attention to him,he went inside the kitchen. Casually took a plate then started to look for food.

Every pot he would open its lid and he saw different kinds of dishes.

For example the first one had a dish that had a red sauce and meat,it also had carrot and potatoes which were cut in tiny pieces then green peas.

The next pot had a fish that was cut in three,the head,stomach then the tail part. It had vegetables on it like swamp cabbage and yardlong beans then if you tasted the soup it had the sourness of the tamarind.

The third pot contains black soup which also has different kinds of vegetables and meat.

(A/N: The three dish on the pot were Filipino dish,from the first pot was Afritada,Sinigang then Dinuguan)

Eugene was about to open the fourth pot when a hand wearing a white gloves caught his wrist and stopped him from opening the lid.

He turned his head to know who it was and saw it was a butler.

The butler smiled which was also not a smile to him and said with a polite tone.

"These dishes were for the Imperial family,you weren't allowed to touch them. The servants' food was there."

He then pointed at the corner,Eugene saw two pots there when he looked. The butler then put down his wrist and started to do his job again.

Eugene walked towards the table where the butler pointed at,he immediately opened the lid and half disappointed by seeing a corn and crab soup there and the little one was rice.

Well this was enough for him already,even though he wanted to taste those dishes on those pots he couldn't do it.

He sat down on the chair and got himself some rice and poured the soup on it then picked up his spoon and began to eat quietly.

Delicious. I guess all the chefs or cooks here in the palace are top notch. Isn't it obvious? All the supplies they had were high quality so unless you just didn't know how to burn the food then you can cook something delicious.

If the taste of the soup for servants in the palace tasted like this then what about the Imperial family's meal then?

Thinking of that Eugene drools in his mind, he's a foodie after all. Who doesn't want to taste delicious things?

Maybe he could get some?Thinking to secretly get some of those dishes he looked up and saw the butler was standing there again, also looking at him which made his hair on his nape stand up.

He then focuses himself on his food.

Forget it,I'll just try to ask someone if I could get some ingredients then just cook for myself.

Determined he then happily ate again.

After enjoying his time with the food he washed the plate and spoon he used on the sink then put it on the cabinet after wiping it with a clean cloth to dry.

He looked up and saw that it was past noon so he quickly left the kitchen,satisfied.

Smiling and humming a song he knew from his past life while walking towards the garden.

--- -

"Change that curtain,our theme was red and gold. Do those look like red and gold?What kind of eyes do you have?! Change all those curtains!You can't even tell the difference between colors!!And you there!That wasn't how you arrange flowers!My ghad you guys didn't even know any simple flower arrangement."

Mirvana,shouting here and there every second like her life depends on it,well her life really depends on that.

Anyway,she was instructing the other maids how to prepare for the banquet and also scolding them at the same time.

They said being the head maid was good?Then if you thought like that how about we switch positions so you could experience it yourself?

She was stressed everyday,because if the work of the maids she handled was not good or it failed then she would bear the consequence and punishment with them.

Reason was,she wasn't managing the maids properly, that's why they were like that.

She couldn't relax even a second then how about a day?Of course it was impossible, even at night her sleep was only 3-4 hours.

If she saw someone capable of handling the head maid position she would resign then,her age was also not that young anymore that's why she needed to take care of body and if this continued she would die earlier than a normal person.

Anyways,Mirvana was now teaching the other maids how to arrange flowers.

Flower arrangement is not all about the flower itself, you also need to take notes about the color combination or what flower was good to look at if they were put together.

The height of it and what type of flower it was. Then the next step is how you will put it on the vase and how it will look like.

For example, the oval shaped flower arrangement. Just like its name it is shaped in an oval and the flower example you could use for that was a red rose and a sunflower together.

Mirvana used these two flowers together and then put some green leaves and a few little flowers on them. The sunflower was known as a 'Happy flower' that means they give joy to the person the whole day.

The red rose meant love,romance and beauty but it also represented courage. For the person to face his problems and happenings in life with courage.

Mirvana and the others finished arranging the flowers and they also put them in the right positions.