⸢ 20 ⸥

Clang.clang.clang.

The busy people continued to do their business while gossiping. A carriage stopped at the entrance of the city.

The door opened and a man stepped out followed by a young man.

Because the carriage looked like it was for noble families or expensive, some people looked over to know who it was and when they saw two servants walking out they immediately looked away. They were shopping for their owner,it's common for servants to do that so they didn't bother to look anymore.

"Wait for us here."

The man said towards the coachman,and the two, which were the man and the youth, started to walk, led by the youth.

The youth gaze around the city which was bigger than the city he visited and stayed with before.

"The border was far from here."

The man suddenly spoke.

"The border?"

"Yes,don't you know?A war was supposed to happen but somehow it became peaceful. Because the North surrendered their own Prince to the Empire just for peace."

And the North right now was preparing for the upcoming war because they knew that the peace they talked about wasn't permanent. But of course the man didn't say that part.

He just gazes at the back of the head of the person in front of him.

The youth 'hmm' then it became quiet between them again.

He knew about that,because it was mentioned in the book and that's when the plot completely started.

"Do you want something to buy?"

"Let's explore first."

"Sure."

Whatever you want.

When the youth noticed a pet shop at the other side of the road he immediately grabbed the man's wrist then excitedly went there.

Pets were cute,he likes to tease them. Even if he didn't raise one before because of his eat,sleep life, it is different. And also he didn't know pets exist here but after going inside and seeing what was in the cage they called 'pet' he was disappointed.

Who would buy a snake,alligator,wolf cub,lion cub and tiger cub as a pet?

They were wild animals for god sake!Are the people here not aware of this?This could eat people!

Seeing the angry face of the youth he asked what made him mad. This place dare to anger him?Should he burn this shop?

"Is there a dog or cat here?"

Eugene asked the shopkeeper who was already sweating because of the man beside him,glaring at the shopkeeper like he wants the other to die right there and now.

"W-what's a dog?C-cat?"

The shopkeeper stuttered because the man was still glaring at him!What did he do?He didn't do anything at all!

He just stood there then was glared at. Do people nowadays like this?

"No dogs and cats."

Dejected, he just focused on the accessories for pets. He didn't want to buy any of the so-called 'pets' so he didn't bother with it anymore.

Looking at the accessories,Eugene's mouth twitched. What did he expect if the pet's were wild animals?Of course the accessories were also for them.

The chain he saw was so big that imagining himself carrying it his arm started to feel sore.

Forget it,he just wanted to look anyway. He turned around then said his goodbye to the shopkeeper and went out of the shop.

Finally sending away the glaring man,the shopkeeper sighs with relief. Maybe next time he would change jobs and not become a shopkeeper anymore.

He didn't want to die by glared at.

"You ok?"

Eugene shook his head,still not moving on for the pets.

"It's almost lunch, let's eat first."

"Two bowls of beef noodles"

They were sitting in the corner of the restaurant they chose.

It was a two-storey restaurant and they were currently on the first floor.

Seeing the prices of the noodles on the menu,he put the menu down and fished out his little pouch money in his inner pocket and saw that it only had 10 silver and 3 copper coins.

He whispers to the other.

"It's too expensive, let's just eat buns."

The noodles cost five silver per bowl,if he ordered one then his money only had 5 silvers and 3 copper coins left. This money couldn't afford a normal meal anymore but the buns cost 1 silver per piece which was already fine for him.

His appetite wasn't that big anyways so one piece of bun is enough but the other disagreed.

"Don't worry about the money,I'll pay."

"B-"

"No buts."

"However?"

The other just looked at him and he then shut his mouth.

Ok,he'll just pay him when he gets his first salary for this month.

After half an hour of silence the bowl of noodles was finally delivered on their table.

When Eugene smelled the noodles his stomach responded which made him laugh in embarrassment.

The two then started to eat.

The Restaurant was a place where people would gossip everywhere thus they could hear almost all of them whispering like bees but something caught Eugene's attention which made him freeze.

"The Prince was already back?" -GG1

(A/N:Gossip girl)

"Yes,I just heard it when a noble who bought something from my shop started to scold him aloud."-GG2

"But aren't we ban from talking or insulting the imperial family?Because we'll be punish  by them?"-GG3

"The young master even said that the Prince was so rude that they almost died in the palace. He made the Emperor mad." -GG1

Gasp.

Eugene was frowning,if the Prince was already here. Isn't it too early? He was thinking while gazing at the bowl of his noodles so he didn't notice that the person in front of him was already releasing a dark aura.

He looked up at the youth and when he saw his reaction his mouth suddenly curved up. Forget it,let's eat first and enjoy this moment before cutting that person into pieces.

Somewhere,in a place that nobles could only visit a guy started to shiver. Did someone want to do something to him?