⸢ 40 ⸥

"You should eat more."

Riel put some food on Eugene's plate then watched the other eat it.

A smile was plastered on his lips.The chefs in the kitchen who saw this all breathed a sigh of relief.

Earlier when they were preparing the meal for the two Imperial people, the Prince Butler visited them and said that they would make a meal for three people and seeing the scene in front of them they finally knew why.

The Prince stood up from his seat to personally get a glass of water for the youth. He then gave it to the youth,sat down again and started to eat the food in front of him.

Look,he even gets the water himself for the others. All the people inside the kitchen now understand the position of the youth on the Prince.

The sharp like knife gaze whenever he looked at them was now full of tenderness. They couldn't help but shiver as they recall how they treated the youth whenever the Prince wasn't by his side.

Next time they wouldn't neglect and scold the youth again,even if he made a mistake. What was important? It was their job,being a simple servant,the salary was already big then what about being the cook?It was twice as high as the salary of the servant thus the chefs all decided to feed the youth properly so that he wouldn't mention their attitude to the Prince.

They just hoped the youth didn't like to hold grudges and fortunately for them Eugene really didn't like to hold grudges.

Finishing his food,Eugene grabbed the glass of water and drank it then put it down when the glass was empty.

"Satisfied?"

Seeing the bulging little belly of the other Riel asked with a teasing tone.

"Yap!"

Eugene didn't bother to show the etiquette he learned,as far as he knew he would only need to use it whenever he was facing a noble or royalty.

"Then let's have a walk?It's good for digesting food."

He nodded his head then stood up and followed the other who was walking in the front but before he could go out he went back to where they ate.

He was ashamed as it was bad for someone to not clean their own table after eating so he went back to clean it.After all this wasn't a restaurant.

The servants who were ready to do their job were stunned.

What are you doing?!Please stop!Is it our job ok?!

But they couldn't yell that and let the youth do what he wanted,after all the Prince was gazing at them with his cold eyes.

"Let's go,they will handle it."

Riel went back to get the other. He grabbed Eugene's wrist and pulled him towards him.

"They?"

"Them"

At Eugene's confused look he pointed at the servants who were bowing their heads on the side.

"But..."

"No buts."

Without waiting for him to react he pulled the other to go outside thus the people who were left do their job peacefully.

De An followed the two out in the distance so that he wouldn't get notice by Eugene.

The two walked slowly under the shade of the kitchen palace. Riel was still holding Eugene's wrist,if he could he really wanted to hold the hand unfortunately he couldn't do that.

He might get scared by the sudden closeness and Riel didn't want that.

He could get close but not too close.There was a line between them and this was the line he wanted to erase and break.But how could he do that?

Recalling the method his friend gave before his worried eyes immediately lit up.

That's right!Linus helped him before and maybe now the others would help him again.

But recalling his center of attraction before his face turned dark.

Scratching his head after hearing his friend's trouble,Linus was speechless.

It was already evening and Riel consulted his friend,Linus, for advice.

"You know if you want to court the other you need to confess first.How would he know that you were actually courting him if you won't tell?Don't tell me you just court him silently? What do you want Eugene to think?That you're a very good friend?"

He likes being the other's friend but he didn't want to be 'just' a friend.He wanted to surpass that word.But telling Eugene that I like him?How?

"Before that was that like or love?"

Riel frowned at the question.Like and love,weren't the two just the same?

"Weren't they the same?"

Linus was shocked.My friend wanted to pursue someone but he actually didn't know if he liked him or loved him?!

"You see,liking someone meant you have a reason to like them.Like how you like a rose for it's beautiful appearance or it's fragrant smell.Love is,you just love him because you love him.Every little things about him,his perfection and imperfections.You love them all.It was an emotion that you'll feel in unexpected time and unexpected person.So what is that feeling inside you?Like or love?"

Riel thought for a moment.What was the thing he liked at Eugene?Well to be honest he didn't knew.He just wanted to be by Eugene's side,wanted to hear his voice,see his smile and talk to him.He even wanted to...

"Why is your face so red?Did you get a fever?Should I call the Doctor?!"

Linus stood up in panic,they were only talking and now his friend would suddenly catch a cold. He was the last person with the Prince.

What should he do?!

Imagining himself being thrown into the cold prison and living there for years he shuddered and suddenly had an urge to faint.

Opening the door of the study room he yelled which almost shook the quiet Yen palace.