⸢ 51 ⸥

If Marius was informed about the rumors of course Riel was the same. He couldn't help but frown while looking at the marriage proposal he was holding that he received from some noble family and suddenly wanted to beat this family down.

Remembering his baby somehow avoiding his touch he was angry and smashed the table with his hand.

This nobles wanted a fight?Ok,I'll give it to them.

"Your Highness. It was noon,the Young Master was at the garden."

The meaning is,he should invite the other for lunch.

He took a breathe and calmed himself down before standing up from his seat and walked towards the garden.

He felt complicated,he just coax Eugene and now the other was avoiding him what should he do ah?

Eugene knew about the rumors that's why he choose to do that. In the book,the villain's reputation was bad and now because of him it was now smeared into the mud.

It wasn't he cared about the rumors it's just he didn't like it when people talk bad about him.

Digging the ground in a gloomy mood a voice was heard behind him.

"Eugene?"

He was stunned then turned his head to look who it is and saw it was Eins.

Oh,the protagonist. Recalling the content of the book where Riel fell in love with the guy in front of him his gloomy mood went bad. He suddenly didn't want to talk with him.

But Eins didn't knew what he was thinking and sat beside him,he picked up the mini shovel available on the side and help him dig the ground.

"Are you planting the seeds now?"

Eugene just hummed and focused himself on planting.

Eins asked about many things,how is he this past few days?What work is next after this and many more. Eugene hummed in response and sometimes answered casually. Finally he asked what bothered him the most. 

"Is you and the Prince together?"

Riel? Remembering the other party was still his suitor he shook his head and Eins let out a smile because of this but this smile was just for a second when he became expressionless.

"But he was courting me now."

And how the other party pursue him,well Eugene could say that the other was serious about him.

"I heard the rumors about it,but Eugene why don't you think about it twice?"

Why would he think about it again?He already thought about it twice and even thrice.He didn't want to tire his brain anymore by thinking again and again,ok?

"You two couldn't be together,your status wasn't the same. You'll only suffer alone if you two continued."

Eugene naturally knew about it,how status was important. Even in his world before,rich and poor couldn't be together. But he doesn't care,so what if you're poor or rich?Once you go to the bathroom all people had the same smell of poop which was really bad.

But he just hummed again. Eins thought he was agreeing with him

"Don't be with him anymore. You didn't even know if the Emperor agreed or not,and as I can see I think he wouldn't because his Highness was a Prince. This Empire need an heir and you can't give him that."

The youth digging the ground froze for a moment then went back to work again. Eins naturally saw this,his eyes flashed then said.

"Right,I plan to go to the City in the afternoon. Want to go with me?"

And Eugene just hummed again. When the sun was at its peak Eugene stood up and planned to eat first so he said his goodbye towards Eins then walked away.

Right now Riel was walking towards the garden and Eugene was planning to see Riel,they just turned a corner and suddenly bumped into each other.

Riel immediately circled his arms around the youth's waist to prevent him from falling.

The two stared at each other for a moment,when Eugene woke up from his daze he pushed the other slightly then look sideways. But the arm was still hugging him.

"It was you."

He just wanted to peek and now he completely saw him he didn't know what to do anymore.

"Why are you avoiding me?"

Seeing him didn't plan to responded,Riel asked again.

"Is it because of the rumors?"

Half,half. But Eugene still didn't respond.

"It's ok, don't worry about it."

This time, Eugene finally look towards him and the two stared at each others eyes.

"I'm a servant."

"I know."

"I'm a man."

"I can see that."

The youth frowned for a moment then opened his mouth and continued his little temper.

"I can't give you a baby."

This time Riel let out a laugh,the vibrate of the others chest on his palm made Eugene 's face turned into a tomato.

"You're already my baby. I don't need another one."

Who cares if they had a son or nor?If an heir was really needed,they could just adopted someone. Didn't that solve the problem?If they still complain about it then he could only cut out those people's tongue so they couldn't speak again for the rest of their lives.

Riel held the youth's hand with his own then kissed it while still staring at him.

"So,why is my baby avoiding me?Did I do something wrong?"

He made a face,looking aggrieved which made Eugene felt his heart was about to melt by the others sweetness.

He shook his head and said.

"I don't want you to be wronged."

So he was just protecting him,but…

"It's fine. Anyways no matter what I do,in their eyes I'm still not good enough and didn't reach their expectation. Why do I need to waste my energy and time to please those people?"

He was right, Eugene suddenly felt he was kinda stupid about avoiding the other.Why didn't he think of that?Sigh.

The two started to have their own worlds unfortunately it was ruined by someone.

"Your Highness?"