⸢ 67 ⸥

"I can pull the roots out without going there."

Riel gave the other a cold glance even though his voice was lower than usual, obviously the good mood he had earlier was shattered by this piece of mud.

"Does that mean you already know who it is?"

Sean rebuked with an obvious provocation. The man didn't respond, making Sean sure that his guess was correct, the other still didn't know who the enemy was.

"It will show up on its own."

The General chuckled like he heard a funny joke.

"You wanted to wait that something would happen first before taking action?"

A dark light flashed in Cariell's eyes, he stared at the General in front of him like a warning.

"Shut your mouth if you don't have anything good to say."

He didn't like it when someone said something like this, what if this guy had a crow's mouth? Anything he says unintentionally bad will really happen?

"If you were really that desperate to have my presence then I'll let one of my people accompany you. It's not necessary that it was me that will go right?"

The smirk in the General's face was gone as he stared back at the others eyes. After a moment of silence he gave his answer.

"That's not good, you need to be there. It's better if you hear it with your own ears. And what if the person you'll send will betray you?"

"Are you telling me I can't gain my people's trust?"

Sean waved his hand and shook his head while saying,

"No. No it's not like that. It's only a what if."

The room fell into silence. They just stared at each other's eyes. Trying to know who will look away first so they would know who's the winner.

After a while Cariell leaned on the sofa and put his right leg above his left.

"Then I'll go."

Hearing this Sean finally let out a smile. Cariell agreed because what the other says was right, even if it's just a 'what if'. A little wrong information can cause a huge disaster.

Thus the agreement was complete, Sean immediately stood up and left that room after saying his goodbye.

Inside a room, one person was lying in the bed, his head was in youths' lap, his eyes closed while another person was combing his hair using his fingers.

"I'll be leaving tomorrow."

The hand that was combing his hair froze but it quickly continued what it was doing.

"General Han told me that it was only us three, Eins, him, and me except for some few knights with us. We'll go to the North. The journey will take a long time so....."

He couldn't continue his words as he felt upset in his heart. He couldn't bear to be away from Eugene. He didn't know what to do once he woke up without seeing the youth sleeping face.

Riel took a deep breath, he continued the words he was going to say with difficulty.

"So we won't see each other for a long time."

"Can I go with you?"

Riel sat up from the bed and faced the other. Touching and caressing Eugene's soft cheek.

"You can't, it's dangerous. Besides, we will leave secretly so no one will know unless someone spreads it or there's a mole beside us."

"Then can you not go?You can just send someone with them."

The youth clutched the man's clothes, as if once he stood up the other would do everything to stop him, he didn't want him to leave at all.

"Sean said I need to be there."

"But I also need you here."

These words made Riel's heart melt, he really didn't want to go but if he didn't go, the place where he and his beloved lived would be gone. If it vanished where would they go? To the other Empires? But there, he was only an ordinary person.

No power and wealth, it was fine for him if he had none of these but with Eugene with him these two things are important so he could protect the person he loves. At least here he will soon succeed the throne and no one can oppose him anymore.

He hugged the youth while stroking his back, gave the youth a kiss on the forehead. It was a gentle and sincere kiss, sending his love with that action. He didn't say anything anymore and just continued to hug the other party.

He was silent because anything he said will only make the youth sad.

When Eugene felt it the light in his eyes dimmed. He didn't want Riel to go, every second, minutes, hours can be his last moment. Because after all, the person he chose to love was a villain, a villain who treated him like his most precious treasure. In every story villains were destined to die so how could he let the other party leave his side? Especially now that he already fell hard.

He could only bury his face in the man's neck and bite it to release his fury but he quickly stopped as he didn't want to hurt the other so he just hugged him and stayed in the man's neck.

"Don't worry I will come back immediately after it so.....can I have a wish then?"

"What wish?"

The volume was low like Eugene didn't want to talk anymore and just be silent to express his feelings.

"Can I have a kiss when I come back?"

"Ok...."

Midnight, Riel removed his hands from Eugene's waist then sat up from the bed. Gazed at the cute sleeping face then chuckled.

He quietly stood up and started to do his routine. After that he went to the bed, he first covered the youth's body with the quilt. Riel even rolled the youth inside the quilt like a lumpiang shanghai then slowly lifted the youth up, carrying him like a princess.

Eugene didn't even wake up while he was being rolled at all. This guy, what if he was a kidnapper and planned to sell him? Wouldn't that mean he'll just wake up in the morning, finding himself in a different place. Well he will really find himself in a different place though.

Carrying the lovely pig in his arms, he went towards the door and said.

"Open the door."

The door of the bedroom opened revealing De An.

"Take some of his clothes and follow me."

De An immediately did what he was told to and followed the man after it.

The path they were walking was familiar to the butler, this was the way towards the Emperor's palace.

Reaching the palace, they went straight to the second floor and put Eugene in one of the beds that was prepared in advance.

"He will stay here for the time being until I come back."

It's safe here after all.

Thus when Eugene woke up from his sleep,

This.....where is this? Why is the ceiling different from before? Don't tell me I got transmigrated again!

He looked to his left then his right then remembered the other said he was leaving this morning. He quickly stood up with his bare feet and went towards the door to check but before he put his hands from the door knob the door opened.

Standing there was a face he was familiar with yet he can't remember where he saw it. He blinked, thought for a moment then suddenly slapped his forehead.

Isn't this..... isn't this that Master from before?

Wait, Riel wasn't here and he was suddenly in someone's place so this guy was......

"You kidnapped me?"

Marius frowned when he heard this question. He couldn't help but ask using his usual cold tone.

"What did you say?"

Cole, who was behind the Emperor, bowed his head to hide his smile. He really wanted to laugh now but unfortunately, he can't.