⸢ 45 ⸥

The two sat at their respective chairs and at the wave of Marius' hand the quiet hall started to get noisy again. The ball officially began.

As the music plays one guy let out his right hand while standing in front of a lady and said.

"Can I have this dance?"

The woman blushed in shyness but still offered her hand then answered.

"Yes."

The guy took it and led her on the dancefloor. Someone took the lead thus many people also do the same.

Most of the guys had their own partners with them so naturally they asked their own partner to dance. While others asked randomly, some only watched on the side.

Cariell also watched on the side. He lazily leaned on the chair and Marius saw this but turned a blind eye as he didn't want to embarrass his son in front of that kid so just ignored it and put his attention on those dancing people.

When people didn't pay attention to their surroundings, time seemed to fly so fast.

The moon already replaced the sun in the sky to be the light in the dark.

Cariell stood up from his seat then walked towards somewhere which made the people dancing stop for a moment.

The young ladies in the hall  couldn't help but feel excited. Does his Highness also want to dance and look for a partner?With this thought they broke away from the arms of their partner and waited. Praying in their hearts that it was them who would be chosen. Except for the ladies who already had a fiancé and didn't bother about the scene at all and just looked.

The excited expression on their faces was slowly being replaced with a confused one. Why did his Highness not stop on the dancefloor and walk straight towards the corner instead?Does the partner he wants was there?

Thinking of this, the ladies that stayed at the side to just watch become the ones who were excited while those on the dancefloor had gritted their teeth while clenching their fist in anger.

A woman glared at the man she was dancing with earlier. If she didn't agree to his offer, maybe she was the one who could be chosen. The once in a lifetime opportunity to get close to his Highness was gone. It's all this man's fault.

The man felt the woman's gaze and just ignored it. So what if you're mad?You agreed to it so just don't blame me alone.

She was about to start an argument when she heard the gasp and the sudden quietness of the hall like someone pressed the mute button.

She looked where the people were looking and her eyes almost popped out from the eye socket. Her jaw dropped, the expression was the same with the others. Some people even rub their eyes to confirm that what they were seeing was not an illusion.

Standing there in the corner,the only Prince of Ejen was lending his hand towards an unknown youth who was holding a tray of cupcakes. Although he didn't speak, all of them could guess that he was inviting the other to dance.

What made them shocked was not because the other was a servant but because the other was also a man.

He didn't want a woman and wanted a man instead?! All the ladies who didn't have a partner or fiancé in the hall heard their glass hearts shattered into pieces.

Eugene stared at the hand in front of him and was confused.

What does his Highness want?Was he expecting me to give him something?But he didn't have anything valuable on himself.

His heart started to panic as his eyes wandered around to look for something to give, then he caught a glimpse of the tray full of cupcakes he was holding and finally got it.

So he just wants a cupcake.He could just get one himself though?However, thinking the Prince was too shy to say it then as a servant,Eugene still picks one and places it on the other hand and even wants to pat the others' shoulder to comfort him.

Like saying he understood and naturally wouldn't spread rumors that the cruel Prince had a sweet tooth.

Staring at the cute cupcake on his hand,Cariell felt complicated. He raised his head to look at the youth and clearly saw the others eyes behind the mask which made him want to say something but still shut his mouth.

Did he misunderstand?What should I do now?This kind of situation wasn't on the plan.It wasn't even mentioned on the back-up ones.

He stood there and thought for a moment. When everyone thought he would get furious and hurt the youth who rejected him and even made him a joke in front of people was dumbfounded when they saw His Highness put the cupcake back on the tray,took the tray away from the youth then put it down on the nearest table.

After doing this he went back and took the youth's hand on his own.

Cariell gently held the palm on his hand,squeezing it to his heart's wish while slowly pulling Eugene towards the dancefloor. The people subconsciously make way for the two of them.

He only stopped walking when they reached the center then turned and looked at Eugene who's shocked could be seen behind the mask.

He put the youth's arm around his neck then put his own around at the other's waist.

They didn't know who snapped a finger and all of them woke up from their daze. The musicians started to play slow music, perfect for a couple to dance slowly.

When the music sounded on his ears and felt the hot palm of the other from his waist,Eugene's face flushed with a red color.

The Prince actually wanted to dance with him. He wanted to ask why but due to his embarrassment he couldn't speak.

Cariell was watching Eugene from the start and naturally caught the blushing face and shyness of his baby.

The corner of his lips hook up from happiness and seeing the same color of clothes,his smile was filled with satisfaction.

He pressed his forehead on the other and led the dance slowly.

All the people also noticed the clothes that the two were wearing and watched the dance. The atmosphere between the two was sweet.