⸢ 38 ⸥

The next day,Cariell went to the Kiln palace again but this time his purpose was different.

Eins heard the servants that were assigned to take care of him told him that his Highness was outside and wanted to have a talk.

He massaged his aching temple and told the servant to let the other in. He stood up from his seat and went to meet the Prince.

Sean was following behind him,whose face was dark.

I thought that bug would already give up but looked he went to pester his lover again.

Under so many eyes that were staring at him,Cariell stood still and looked straight back at the cold eyes of Sean.

Eins was the first to open his mouth.

"Your Highn-"

But before he could finish his word of another rejection Cariell cut him off.

"I know,you don't need to repeat it. I'm just here to say goodbye,as a friend and about those things I've done before. I hope you can forgive me."

Cariell smiled and Eins breathed a sigh of relief. That's good,he thought the other would persist but he didn't expect this kind of sudden reversal.

"How can I not forgive his Highness? I wish you a happy and safe journey."

Sean's furrowing eyebrows finally relaxed and also smiled slightly. Seeing the Prince looking at him he just nodded his head towards the other and didn't say anything more.

"Then goodbye."

The two turned their backs at Cariell and were ready to go back inside however….

"Your Highness!"

Cariell who was holding a knife with his right hand and attacked Eins behind his back felt something sharp stabbed on him and when he regained his senses he was already lying on the ground.

He felt pain in his stomach and touched it with his trembling hands. Seeing a red liquid on his palm, his eyes showed fear.

The servants already ran to call a Doctor while the other panicky tried to make first aid. A soldier on the side took off his clothes and lent it to the guy who was kneeling beside the Prince and that guy used it to stop the bleeding.

Cold sweat formed on his forehead. His sight kept changing between black then blurred. He couldn't feel his body anymore,he couldn't hear the chaotic atmosphere around him.

Suddenly he heard a voice calling him on his head.

"...ness….your… .."

Cariell saw the shocked expression of the two people he hated the most and the fear hidden in his heart crawled slowly.

Am I gonna die?He felt the world was really unfair. He only just wanted someone who would love him. Why does God treat him so badly?

The voice that kept calling inside his head and the volume and words became clear then his vision was completely envelope with darkness.

Gasp.

"Your Highness!"

Cariell turned his head to look at the person who called him and saw it was his butler.

He put his hands on his stomach, the feeling of dying was still there. His pupils were constricted. Why?Why do he have to dream that life?

Just then he remembered something and suddenly stood up from his seat which startled the butler.

"Your Highness?"

Riel only had one thought on his mind. Look for him.

Yes,he remembers Eugene. He wants to see the other.Following his wish he quickly rushed out his study room without giving the butler a look.

He anxiously looked around. Gazing left and right while running,quickly glancing at the faces of those people he passed by thinking Eugene might be one of them.

Reaching the garden,Riel strode towards the middle but he didn't see the person he was looking for.

Could it be an illusion?Was he real or not?He wanted to confirm if he was dreaming or not but not seeing the person the hope in his heart was about to shatter into pieces.

Then someone stood up behind the bush and Riel's eyes immediately lit up. He was about to walk towards the other when he suddenly realized his 'servant' status and the light on his eyes dimmed again.

His brows furrowed as he stared at the clothes he was wearing like he was about to tear it apart.

Eugene heard footsteps behind him and was about to turn around when he heard a voice coming from behind.

"Don't look!"

Eugene was stunned then asked with a hesitant tone.

"Riel?"

Riel was scared of Eugene turning around to look at him and would see how he looked thus he quickly went towards the other party.

He raised his hand wanting to touch the other but his hand froze in the middle.

What if once he touched him the other would disappear?Thinking of this Riel didn't dare to carelessly touch the other and was about to take his hand back when Eugene spoke.

"Riel?"

Riel didn't know what he was feeling right now. He was excited to see Eugene but was scared that the other would disappear.

Finally Riel asked with difficulty.

"Can...can I hug you?"

Hug?A big man like him wants to have a hug?Eugene was confused but he still agreed to the weird request from the other.

It's just a hug anyways.

Riel stood behind Eugene and with his trembling hands he slowly circled his arms around the youths waist and put his face at the crook of the others neck.

Smelling the faint fragrance from Eugene's body, his chaotic heart finally calmed down.

He was real. He was here. God actually didn't completely abandon him and gave him a gift and this gift was the person in his arms. I mean how could a person who didn't exist before was suddenly in front of him.

Maybe he was a compensation from his past life but Riel didn't care about the reason anymore.

Feeling the person he was holding Riel smiled with his face still on Eugene's neck.

He suddenly felt that this second life of his actually wasn't bad.