⸢ 17 ⸥

Thug.thug.thug.

"Huff...huff…..huff"

While his heart was beating fast,Eugene caught his breath while supporting himself with a wall,resting for a while after a run.

Looks like I need to exercise,this body was not physically fit well he himself in that past was the same though.

"Oh?Why do you look like you ran a marathon and your opponent was a cheetah?"

Rosa was shocked when she spotted Eugene supporting himself with a wall while walking.

She wasn't exaggerating about the cheetah,cause it runs really fast and Eugene really looks like one right now.

Eugene touched his head while feeling like he wanted to vomit and his vision was being black then white because of dizziness. The side effect of over running yourself.

Seeing this Rosa hurriedly walked towards him to support his body to stand up. Eugene felt like he wanted to vomit or faint or something but he still stubbornly walked while thanking Rosa inside his mind.

Why did he even run in the first place?He could just tell Ms.Mirvana what happened and the reason why he was late. Stupid self.

"I was late."

He answered Rosa's question which made her quiet for a while then laughed.

"What?What are you laughing at?"

He turned to look at Rosa who was still supporting him to walk while asking her.

"Didn't the old man tell you that you were excused for today's work and just need to learn etiquette?"

I was actually excused today?Then that sweat of mine was just for nothing?

Eugene stopped walking and so Rosa who was supporting him. When he remembered how he shouted in front of the old butler that he was late and how the other servants who saw him look at him while he was running his face flushed red,it was embarrassing.

Even Rosa laughed when she saw him.

Sensing his mood, Rosa shut her mouth and didn't laugh anymore,something bad will happen if she continued.

"It's ok,maybe the old man forgot to tell you. You know people have memory problems because of age."

She then started to comfort Eugene like she was coaxing a child,for the child to not cry anymore.

"Hmm"

When he felt he could stand straight again and his fast heartbeat became normal he told Rosa that he was now ok and so Rosa then stopped supporting Eugene's body.

"Is learning etiquette really that important? Did you learn it too?"

The two started to walk and chat.

Rosa nodded her head then opened her mouth to speak.

"Yes it's important and every newcomer is required to learn it."

"But why?"

Eugene frowned,he thought noble families and other aristocrats were the one who were required to learn it and as for the servant, just having a good attitude was enough.

By the way, the old man who forgot to tell him he was excused for today's work was the old man he saw in the kitchen and stopped him from eating those dishes for the Imperial family.

"Because his Majesty doesn't want to become a joke just because a servant made a mistake. He said it reflects him."

Huh?I don't get it though?

"You mean if we did something wrong in our jobs then for the eyes of others he also did something wrong that was embarrassing him?"

Rosa made a 'hmm' which made Eugene dumbfounded.

Just what kind of logic was this?It doesn't make any sense at all.

If the Emperor would get irritated instead of feeling embarrassed when we made a mistake then Eugene would accept that reason but now,hearing that the Emperor also shoulder the mistake then his mind wasn't fine.

Who the hell would be willing to shoulder the wrongs of other people when someone made a mistake?Of course no one! Except if you're stupid or love that person so much that people called love-brain.

Anyways Eugene believed that it wasn't the real reason,he chose to believe that the Emperor would get mad instead.

He didn't ask anymore and Rosa then said her goodbye because she still had something to do thus Eugene was now standing alone in the hallway. Looking like a loner.

In the past he didn't like to go outside that much and after work he would go straight home just to read novels,now there's no novels which made him bored.

A maid carrying a cleaned blanket she just washed and dried under the sun for two days screamed when he saw Eugene standing in the corner.

The maid thought he was a ghost,yeah a ghost early in the morning there was a ghost. Hmm you've got a wide imagination there sister maid.

Well who wouldn't get scared when they saw a man standing there in the dark corner of the hallway? He was also wearing a white shirt.

After the maid recovered from the shock she then only saw that it wasn't a ghost and man instead,looking like a ghost himself.

"You child!You almost scared me to death. What if I fainted due to shock huh?Will you do my work?You wouldn't, right?"

Sister maid asked which Eugene agreed and sister maid almost beat him up if it wasn't for the blankets that were just new washed that needed on time then he was probably will get beaten.

Well it wasn't his fault walking like he lost his soul earlier. Eugene was just thinking what he would do and that's why he looked like that.

"Next time don't wear white shirts just to stand in the dark."

He scratched his right cheek then smiled. Well, he wasn't standing there,he was actually walking but he didn't say it. He instead said this.

"Well this was my uniform so it was impossible for me to not wear it."

"Then just stop scaring people. Anyways, I need to go."

She made a 'hmmp' sound before she passed Eugene and then walked away.