⸢ 11 ⸥

The next day Eugene's work was changed,he was assigned to the garden which was in the middle of the whole palace.

He saw the withered plants and flowers and the dry fountain in the middle.

He also saw the dry weeds on the ground. He sat down and picked up the little shovel he brought with the tools he got from the tool room where they got the mop from before.

Eugene started to dig the roots of the weeds one by one and toss it in one place so he could pick it up later easily.

Some of the roots were so deep that he needed to dig it more which made him a little bit tired.

He then grabs it and pulls it until it is finally removed from the ground and casually tosses it on the other side.

After he dug and removed all the weeds in one position on the garden he then started to dig the withered plants so he could plant a new one.

Normally he should just take care of it but there's no possibility that it will become healthy again so this was the method he came up with.

"Ouch!"

He withdrew his hand that the finger was pricked by the thorns of the rose stem.

He was about to put it on his mouth after he saw blood flowing out on the wound when a hand suddenly grabbed his wrist and put a handkerchief on the wound.

"Why are you putting it in your mouth?It's dirty."

He looked up and saw Riel's face.

"It's just a tiny wound besides I always do this,isn't this a common thing?"

He took back his hand and put his finger to suck the blood on his wound.

Common thing?This was the first time I heard something like that.

Dumbfounded,Riel snatched the hand that was on the latter's mouth and wiped it clean.

"Don't you know the basic treatment on a cut like this?Next time cleanse the wound with water first then put medicine on it."

Eugene let him wipe his finger which had the wound and just stared at it. 

He didn't know and even if he did,he didn't care at all. As long as the blood stops flowing out that is the only thing that matters for him.

"Why are you here?"

It's not that he was shooing away the guy,it's just isn't it weird?This guy doesn't look like he had work at all.

Riel let out a low laugh and spoke while tying Eugene's finger with the piece of cloth he riffed from the handkerchief.

"I'm on my way to work and just happened to see you here so I stopped by."

Why does it feel like he was taking a walk and not going to work at all?

Eugene let out a 'hmm',he moved away his hand that Riel was holding then smiled.

"Thank you."

Riel nodded his head, said his goodbye then turned around and walked away.

When Eugene couldn't see the other's back he then crouched down and started to dig again to pull out the weeds.

In a quiet room, Eins was lying on a soft bed,reading a book when he suddenly sat up from his bed.

He bookmarked the book he was holding before putting it down and stood up.

He walked towards his room door,quietly opened it and peek his head out to look left and right like a robber.

When he saw no one was around he opened the door and went out then also slowly closed it to not let others hear the noise,he then started to wander around sneakily.