⸢ 76 ⸥

Crack.

The sound of a broken neck that got broken was heard on a quiet night. The victim’s body was about to fall on the ground when someone caught the victim's collar to prevent it.

The broken neck was fine but if the body really fell then those people who were guarding nearby might get alerted from the sound.

Two other people then slowly moved the body and let it sit on the ground, its back was leaning on the wall making it look like it was sleeping.

After that, the suspect of breaking someone's neck took something on his waist then put it on one of the two people's palm.

He whispered.

“You use it.”

The receiver looked at the suspect with complicated eyes but didn't retort.

He knew he was the only person who could use this perfectly so he didn't say anything and just nodded his head.

“Should we go together? Or split ways?”

The third person asked, the suspect looked at him for a moment then spoke in a low voice.

“Split.”

The other two just nodded their heads then they started to walk in different directions.

This was the mansion of the Peril family. With their numbers, Cariell didn't dare to broadly attack as it would make the enemy escape for his life. He didn't plan to let the person who's behind go.

Cariell told Sean to let some of his people split into two groups, then to invade the mansion like a thief, attacking inside to reduce the enemy while the other group would check out the palace.

Eugene might be in here, after all if he was the culprit he would also hide people in his palace, as his palace could be guarded enough to stop people from rescuing.

He, Eins and Sean went together to jump in the wall then silently break people's neck while going in.

Then, he gave the poison to Eins, because he was the son of the inventor. An accident might happen to him even with the antidote around if he uses it.

Walking on the dark hallway using the light of the moon to see, he wandered his eyes left and right. Making sure no one’s around.

He was looking for the underground prison, after all, where would they put the hostages? Isn't in prison? And the prison most likely to be located underground. However, it might take him longer to find the door to the underground as the mansion itself was big.

He took a deep breath while continuing to walk forward. Suddenly, he caught a glimpse of people. Cariell immediately plastered himself on the wall, trying to use the darkness to hide.

He heard them discussing the things they would get once the Archduke ascend the throne. He sneered, people really likes to count the chicks before the egg hatch.

When they passed where he was, he stared at their back and remove his attention to them when the silhouette couldn't be seen anymore.

Cariell waited for a moment before he continued to walk.

“Ack!”

Blood spurted from the chest, the man had his eyes widened in shock before his body fell on the floor.

“Are these really guards?”

“Well, based on their clothes it's a yes.”

Marius gaze at the men on the floor, his eyes full of disgust by their poor fighting power. They can't even beat De An, who was already an old man.